ADVERTISEMENT

JIMBO's FREE SEC FOOTBALL PICKS -"With advice this bad, you have to give it away!!!" - Week Two

Doggystyle35

Freshman
Aug 28, 2014
JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS
"With advice this bad, you have to give it away!!!"

Week Two – SEC 2015 – Saturday

Jacksonville State Gamecocks (35 pt DOG) @ #6 Auburn Tigers….
Auburn QB Jeremy Johnson looked a lot like Cam Newton in his shoulder pads last Saturday but he also looked a lot like Tony Romo on a bad day after his third interception. He will definitely improve as the regular season progresses but the jury is still out on how good this Auburn team will be. Louisville beat Auburn in every statistical category except for the most important one-----POINTS SCORED!!! Are the Tigers going to be just another Over-Hyped team or a National Contender team? (TBD) This week the Tigers host the Gamecocks. Not those big ones from South Carolina but those little ones from Alabama. This formerly DII School moved into DI football back in the 90’s and has been competitive from day one. They are projected to win their conference, the Ohio Valley Conf., and they should have a run at the National Championship in DI-AA. Make no doubt about it; this is an in state rivalry game for Jacksonville!!! Auburn probably won’t recognize this game as a real rivalry, but with several ex-Bama and Auburn players playing on this Gamecock team, they probably should so they might avoid an embarrassing performance. Expect a hard fought game for 2.5 quarters, but before the 3rd quarter ends, you’ll start to see heads dropping on them little Cocks. Talent and depth take over in the 4th quarter. Tigers win and cover 55-13!!!

Fresno State Bulldogs (29.5 pt DOG) @ #17 Ole Miss Rebels….
Let me first start by saying, even if it’s The Fighting Sisters of Cow-Dong University School of the Blind, anytime you can score 76 points in a football game that’s impressive. If there was any concerns about who’s going to be the next QB at Ole Miss; well, I think we got our answer on this past Saturday. I was particularly impressed with Rebel QB Chad Kelly’s deep ball threat. He was noticeably accurate. The Skyhawks only converted 2 out of 17 on 3rd down conversions; that basically summarizes how dominate the Ole Miss defense was all day. This week the West Coast meets the South Coast--------of Sardis Lake. The Bulldogs of Fresno come to Oxford with their star RB Marteze Waller. Mr. Walker, meet the Nkemdiche Brothers, Denzel and Robert, and their hard hitting friend Tony Conner. Fresno State will struggle offensively to do what they do. And defensively, well, if the Rebels play like they did this past Saturday; they will need the scoreboard operator to stop by Home Depot on his way to Stadium and pick up some extra light bulbs!!!......just saying........Rebels win and cover 48-17!!!!

#10 Georgia Bulldogs (20.5 pt FAV) @ Vanderbilt Commodores….
Everybody knows how dogs love burying bones and marking territory. Uga and this Bulldog’s offense are no exception. Upon arriving at Vanderbilt Stadium this coming Saturday, expect both of Georgia’s big DAWGS, Nick Chubb and Keith Marshall, to immediately run over to both endzones just so they can water down the goal post real good!!! Nick Chubb took off, where he left off year, with another 100+yard performance and a couple of TDs and Keith Marshall seemed to have fully recovered from his knee injury from last year by turning in a 75 yard rushing performance and two TDs of his own. Vandy looked like Vandy last week. If you look the word “Self Destruction” up in the dictionary you will find a team photo of Vanderbilt……I expect the entire Vanderbilt football team to be buried alive and covered up by the DAWGS at the start of the 4th quarter!!!…….Dawgs win and cover 35-14!!!

Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (35 pt DOG) @ #2 Alabama Crimson Tide….
The Blue Raiders have a new sheriff in town. His name is Brent Stockwell. The Freshman QB threw for 338 yards passing with 4 TD to lead his team last week in a 70-14 victory over Jackson State. If the last name seems familiar, well, it should because QB Brent Stockwell is the son of head coach Rick Stockwell. It always amazes me how good a coach’s son is when he plays QB for his dad. I think it is because they all have such a great working knowledge of their dad’s offense from living under the same roof for so many years. Coach Stockwell must really love his son but if he lets him play in this game; I’m gonna have to question his love for his son!!! Once against Alabama’s head coach Dick Satan has managed to assemble a “Hell” of a team….Bama’s defense looked like a national championship quality team and played like they were “possessed” all night. They held the Wisconsin Badgers to just 40 yards rushing. This was incredible performance by the defense when you consider the Badgers are such a run heavy team. The offensive line looked and performed better than most NFL teams last Saturday by getting on/off blocks and then onto second level blocks. Apparently the mark of the beast is not longer”666” in Tuscaloosa but “217”. That would be #2 RB Derrick Henry and #17 Kenyan Drake. They shouldered most of the offensive work load last week and combined for over 224 yard rushing and 4Tds. That offensive performance by Drake and Henry opened the door for inexperience QB Jake Coker to get his feet wet and build some “Real-Game” confidence…..Bama rolls and covers 55-17!!!

Toledo Rockets (21 pt DOG) @ # 18 Arkansas Razorbacks….
How’s that ole expression go? ……………………When pigs fly!!! Well, you just might get to see that with a Hawg flying high on the back of a Rocket this weekend in Fayetteville. We’ve been talkin’ about Hawgs running wild the past two seasons but get ready to start talkin’ about Hawgs flying high. SR QB Brandon Allen came on strong at the end of 2014 and has really developed into a solid player at the QB position. With targets like TE Hunter Henry and WR Keon Hatcher; don’t be surprised at the end of the season that Arkansas has a 3,000 yard passer on their team. And, they’re going to need one, because they lost one of their best running backs, Jonathan Williams, to a lisfranc fracture (aka broken bone in the foot). Not to worry though, RB Alex Collins will gladly pick up his carries and shoot for another 1,000 yard season. The Rockets of Toledo had a similar fate like LSU last weekend. Their game, last Saturday, was cancelled due to server weather. They are MAC conference favorites but with question marks at the QB position. I’m expecting the Rockets to play more like “Sloppy Floppy Bottle Rockets” coming into this game since they didn’t get a chance to play last weekend……..HAWGS win and cover 42-17!!!

#19 Oklahoma Sooners (1 pt FAV) @ #23 Tennessee Volunteers….
The Volunteers offense exploded on an inferior opponent last weekend but “Sooners” or later you must find out how good your football team really is.................................Welllllllllllllll, this week, is the week!!! The Sooners Schooner’s defense will be rolling into Neyland Stadium this coming Saturday looking to lower the “BOOM” and end it “SOON” for the Volunteers. The Volunteers “O” had a field day rushing last week by rolling up 400 yards on the ground but the “D” gave up over 550 yards. If that same Tennessee defense shows up this week that showed up last weekend; the Volunteer’s offense may need to produce more than the 59 points that they produced last weekend to win this game. I don’t see that happening against a healthy Bob Stoops’s team. Last year the Sooners beat the Volunteers 34-10 in Norman. This year it won’t be a blow out but it will be the same result. Sooners win and cover 35-33!!!

Ball State Cardinals (30 pt DOG) @ #16 Texas A&M Aggies….
Did somebody piss off Texas Lassie???????? A&M’s mascot Reveille is supposed to be a full-blooded collie but I’m thinking that a pit bull may have jumped over the fence on this last litter. This Aggie defense “Ruffed-up” the Sun Devils all day and “Bite and Chewed-up” every running back that dared to crossed the line of scrimmage. DC John Chavis is either a defensive genius or he used too much gun powder feeding his players the night before the game. Everyone has been “oohing and cooing” over the quarterback play at College Station over the past three years; so it was just expected that QB Kyle Allen would be the next ray of sunshine to grace Aggieland. Last week, as the fans piled into the stadium to watch rainbows jump out of the buttholes at the QB position; it was abundantly clear by halftime that the “rainbow maker” on Sun Devils QB, Mike Bercovic’s had a shoe stuck in it!!!! DE Myles Garrett’s cleat, to be exact!!! Aggies bookend, Myles Garrett and his partners in crime, including Daeshon Hall, recorded “9” sacks in this game…………….Unbelievable!!! The Aggies moved from unranked to 16th ranked in the country in just one game. I’m a believer after seeing the defense, but I know many of the Aggie faithful will be late to join the party because of the implosion that followed the South Carolina blowout last year. No worries this week though!!! Ball State struggled last week to beat a weak VMI football team. The biggest struggle I expect to see from the Cardinals this week is whether or not they want to get off that bus to play football at College Station. Aggies win and cover 55-21!!!

#21 Missouri Tigers (11.5 pt FAV) @Arkansas State Red Wolves….
Last week the Trojans of USC exploded in second half to beat the Red Wolves of Arkansas State by a score of 55-6. And just for the record Arkansas State fans; it’s never a good thing when the words “Exploded” and “Trojans” get used in the same sentence to describe your team’s performance. Missouri’s opening game was a mixed bag. They looked awesome on defense with SR Lb Kentrell Brother leading the way with 16 tackles and one blocked punt. The one area of concern for the Tigers was at running back coming into this season. They were pretty thin at that position but knew if RB Russell Hansbrough could stay healthy that they would be alright. Well, that didn’t happen; Hansbrough only had 2 carries before having to leave the game with an ankle injury. Thus, the entire load of the offense shifted to the shoulders of QB Maty Maulk. Fortunately for the Tigers Mr. Maulk got the Tigers out early on the scoreboard before being shutdown in the second half. This game’s a little tricky since its being played in Jonesboro, AR……Tigers win but do not cover 38-28!!!

East Carolina Pirates (20.5 pt DOG) @ Florida Gators….
Arrrrrrrrr Arrrrrrrrrrrr matey! The Pirates of East Carolina will be lookin’ for ye buried treasure in Gainesville this coming weekend. Also, this Pirate’s football team will be lookin’ for a little pay back for the Birmingham Bowl blunder this past January when they lost to the Gators 28-20!!!! Blow the man down!!! (Or Gator in this case!)…..East Carolina did win last week but it was too close for comfort on a supposedly inferior team. It was enough to make any Pirates fan “Shiver their Timbers”!!!! The Gators on the other hand chomped on New Mexico like a raw piece of chicken. Despite East Carolina’s attempt to find booty in the swamp this coming weekend; it will be in fact, their booty that will be found floating in the swamp when the Gator’s defense goes on the attack……Gators win but do not cover 35-17!!!

Kentucky Wildcats (8 pt DOG) @ South Carolina Gamecocks….
Good news for Kentucky football fans----------------Only 35 days until Kentucky basketball tips off!!! If the Gamecocks start to have another season like they did last year; they’ll be taking about Gamecock baseball in late October!!! But, good news for all you South Carolina football fans; I definitely saw improvement on the defensive side of the ball last weekend. The Gamecock’s defensive front was able to get pressure on the QB which forced some errand throws that resulted in interceptions. In fact, after week one the Gamecocks LB Skai Moore leads the SEC in interceptions. Bottom-line- a good defensive front can hide a lot of weaknesses in the secondary. The DBs can be a little sloppy in coverage if the opposing team’s QB is under duress. The offense looked inexperienced and shaky at times but the end result was a “W’ on the road in North Carolina to a quality opponent. Kentucky on the other hand, looked very impressive on the offensive side of the ball with QB Patrick Towles and RB Stanley Williams, both putting up huge numbers. The Wildcat defense looked verrrrrrrrry shaky in the fourth quarter. It looked like they just ran out of time on trying to find a way to lose the game. The Wildcats have been a thorn in the side of Steve Spurrier during his coaching career at South Carolina. I expect nothing different this year. If the “Ole Ball Coach” doesn’t figure out how to incorporate WR Pharoh Cooper more in this game; his post game interview might be one for the ages!!! Expect Williams-Brice Stadium to be rocking it out on this first home game…Gamecocks win but do not cover 27-24!!!

#14 LSU Tigers (4 pt FAV) @ #25 Mississippi State Bulldogs....
Let me first start off by saying, predicting this game is about as easy as poking hot butter up a wildcat’s butt with a red-hot iron poker. It’s gonna be hard to do!!! How do you predict the unknown??? MSU was the biggest unknown coming into the 2015 season but suddenly the cloud of uncertain is casting its long dark shadow over the Tigers of LSU. The Tigers weren’t able to play last weekend due to serve weather and now find themselves in a bit of quagmire (giggity giggity goo--------alright!) They have no idea what problems may exist----if any!!! The Bulldogs on the other hand were able to identify some weak spots last week and got a chance to fix them this week. We all know this Tiger team has speed, strength and athleticism that stack up any team nationally. But, the key word in football team is the word “TEAM”. Teams become teams when leaders emerge to the top to lead. We all know who the leader is on this Miss. State Bulldog football team. We have no idea yet who the leader is on this LSU team. I’m gonna make a Rick Flair prediction on this game: You’re talking to the Rolex wearin’, diamond ring wearin’, kiss stealin’, wheelin’ dealin’, limousine ridin’, jet flyin’ son of a gun. And I’m having a hard time holding these cleats down. Woooooo!!! To be the man, you got to beat the man, Woooooooo!!! You’ve heard me say it many, many times; I love a DOG at home when the DOG at home is a DAWG!!! This game is no exception…….Dak is back, on track, talkin’ smack, won’t take a sack, leading his pack and ready to attack!!!...and that’s a fact---JACK (Cristil)!!!...Bulldogs win and pocket the Vegas points 27-24!!!

End of Week Two

**************Results after Week One**************

****Week One Results****
Winners 12 out of 13 Picked (Straight up) 92.31%
Winners 8 out of 12 Picked (Against the Spread) 66.67%
****YTD Results****
Winners 12 out of 13 Picked (Straight up) 92.31%
Winners 8 out of 12 Picked (Against the Spread) 66.67%

*Side Notes - Week One*
LSU-McNeese State game was cancelled due to lightning.
Vanderbilt-Western Kentucky game was a PUSH ATS (Tie based on Vegas spread)

Mr. Jimbo

**************Results after Week Two**************

****Week Two Results****
Winners 8 out of 11 Picked (Straight up) 72.73%
Winners 7 out of 11 Picked (Against the Spread) 63.64%
****YTD Results****
Winners 20 out of 24 Picked (Straight up) 83.33%
Winners 15 out of 23 Picked (Against the Spread) 65.22%

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT