ADVERTISEMENT

JIMBO's FREE SEC FOOTBALL PICKS-"With advice this bad, you have to give it away!!!"- Week One

Doggystyle35

Freshman
Aug 28, 2014
JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS -"With advice this bad, you have to give it away!!!"

Mr. Jimbo

Last edited:
JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS

"With advice this bad, you have to give it away!!!"

WEEK I

Week One - Thursday(Night Games) – SEC 2015

North Carolina Tar heels (2.5 pt DOG) @ South Carolina Gamecocks….
The Civil War II------“Southern Fried”. This battle of North and South will feature two southern states fightin’ it out for the rights to say they are the top program in the Carolinas. Tar Heels Head Coach Larry Fedora added in the off season a new defensive coordinator, ex-Auburn HC Gene Chizik, in hopes that he can raise the ceiling on this Tar Heels defense from the floor to the roof………………………….Gamecocks Head Coach Steve Spurrier made a few moves of his own on the defensive side of the ball in the off season too with the addition of defensive coordinator Jon Hoke plus he added depth with the signing of several defensive linemen………Three things I can’t wait to see in this game: How many QBs Spurrier will play in one game(what’s his old record???), how many highlights will Pharoh “King Tutt_chdown” Cooper have and the halftime/post-game interview with Steve Spurrier!!!.......Expect the South Carolina fans to be rockin' it out with them Gamecocks out!!!.......Cocks win and cover 35-28!!!

Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (2 pt FAV) @ Vanderbilt Commodores….
Commodores Head Coach Derek Mason is trying to build the infrastructure needed for a champion team in Nashville. So far, he’s only managed to survey the land inside Vanderbilt stadium and notated the low spots on the field. (One of them low spots is his play calling) Hopefully with 19 returning starters he’ll be able to build up his foundation this year. Unfortunately, the first game they will have to face future NFL draftee QB Brandon Doughty which was the Conference USA’s MVP last year…..(He was all over 5,000yards passing and 50 TDs in 2014) Plus, this year Western Kentucky is projected by all the experts to be the 2015 conference champions. Then next week, the Commodores get Georgia rolling into town…So, expect construction for that new foundation at Vanderbilt Stadium to be delayed a couple of weeks. The Vegas line has moved on this game from Vanderbilt being a 17.5pt FAV to a 2pt DOG. Why? I think we all know the reason why!!!...................Hilltoppers win and cover 42-35!!!

Last edited:

Week One - Saturday(Afternoon Games) – SEC 2015

Louisiana Monroe Warhawks (35.5 pt DOG) @ Georgia Bulldogs….
Vegas says the number 7 is lucky……..Lucky number 7!!!!……What happens when you double your luck or you’re twice as lucky???.......Well, your new number becomes 14!!!...That’s right!
The number 14 must have been the Bulldogs lucky number in 2014. Georgia’s Head Coach Mark Richt was coaching in his 14th year, RB Nick Chubb rushed for 14 TDs last season and didn’t even start the first ¼ of the season(notice the 1 and 4 in ¼….yeaaaah it’s a 14!!!! wooooooo scary!!!!) Also, Nick Chubb rushed for 1,540 last year (that’s 1,400 + 140 yards…..woooooooo woooo!!!) and in the Bulldog’s last game of 2014 they defeated Louisville in the Belk Bowl. In that game the defense held Louisville to only 14 points!!!(hmmmmmmmm coincidence???) I DON’T THINK SO!!! Obviously, Uga is possessed. Well, I don’t know about that but Nick Chubb at times did look like he was possessed the way he was running the ball. The only way the Warhawks will be able to stop RB Nick Chubb in this game is by using an Ouija board on defense and by sprinkling Holy water in Chubb’s Gatorade!!!.....DAWGS win and cover 45-3!!!

Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks (35 pt DOG) @ Ole Miss Rebels….
The Ole Miss Rebel-Hotty Totty-Shark-Black Bears open up their season against the Tennessee baby Vols. I think the school song is similar to UT’s school song “Ole Rocky Top” but downsized!!!
Pebble top, you'll always be
a small conference team to me.
Good ole pebble top,
Pebble top Tennessee, pebble top Tennesseeeeeeeeeeeeee-------------Martin!
Rebel Head Coach Hugh Freeze enters into his 4th season and would like nothing better than repeating last year minus the injuries and end results. All the pieces are in place to make a huge run in the SEC but depth and QB play will be the big question marks going into this season. They won’t have to worry too much this week about their offense play or QB play. If the offense can produce 3 pts in this game then they will win easily. The Nkemdiche Brothers and crew will be fresh and fast coming into the season so I don’t expect Skyhawk’s offense to see much of the football field past the 50 yard line. Rebels win and cover 42-0!!!

UTEP Miners (32.5 pt DOG) @ Arkansas Razorbacks….
What do Arkansas Head Coach Bret Bielema and a full-grown male Razorback have in common?
-both are tough as hell.
-both have hair on their back.
-both love corn on the cob and both prefer eating the corn and the cob.
-both are comfortable using a trough at the dinner table.
-both are excellent at rootin’ and pootin’.
-both love making bacon. (Have you seen Coach Bielema’s hot wife???...lollll)
The only digging the Texas El Paso Miners will be is the huge hole they dig for themselves in the first half of this game. The closest this game gets is at kickoff. The Hawgs will be wayyyyyyy to physical to handle for the Miners. The only highlight for the Miner’s defense in this game; they’ll be co-starring in an Arkansas offensive highlight film for years to come!!!.......Hawgs wins and cover 55-3!!!

Louisville Cardinals (11 pt DOG) @ Auburn Tigers….
War Eagles and Expectations will both be soaring high as the 2015 season kicks off at Auburn. Head Coach Gus Malzahn added a huge weapon to his arsenal in the off season by adding DC and recently fired Florida head coach Will “Musty-Chimp” Muschamp. Auburn’s defense will definitely improve in 2015. The big question for Auburn---------can QB Jeremy Johnson fill them big ole shoes left by QB Nick Marshall??? With size and skills comparable to Cam Newton; I expect Mr. Johnson to be the next Cam, a cam replacement, if you will. I’m assuming that Coach/Mechanic Gus Malzahn used the spring game to apply the correct amount of assemble lube to make sure QB Jeremy Johnson’s transition of QB went smoothly for this high powered Tiger “Hurry-Up” offense. This should be a great game assuming Louisville’s Head Coach Bobby Petrino doesn’t up and quit before this coming Saturday to take over another coaching job that pays 50 cents more per year….Tigers win but do not cover 27-24!!!

Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (35 pt DOG) @ Missouri Tigers….
Just FYI-----The bigger your school name is means the smaller your school is and the smaller your odds are in beating a school with a shorter name!!! Just saying……Dang! The only thing missing in this Redhawk’s school name is the street address!!! People familiar with this Redhawks team refer to the school as SEMO. As in, they “See More” losses than wins!!! Well, this coming Saturday will be no exception with the “Fast-Pace” Tiger attack. Battle tested and seasoned QB Maty Mauk heads into 2015 with intentions of three-peating in the SEC East…This game is nothing more than Tiger bait!!! Tigers win but do not cover 45-14!!!

Bowling Green Falcons (21.5 pt DOG) @ Tennessee Volunteers….
You might be thinking this is a cupcake game for Tennessee but it’s far from that. Falcon’s SR QB Matt Johnson is returning after suffering a season-ending injury in the opening game last year. But, if you recall he was the QB that lead the Falcons down the field with a chance to beat Miss. State in the final minutes of that game in 2013. (And yes Dak was playing in that game!) State won 21-20 and escaped the embarrassment. But, it turns out the Falcons were pretty darn good and ending the season with 10 wins plus winning the conference title. BTW----They are projected by all the experts to win the Mid-American Conf. (MAC) again this year. So, the Vols will have their hands full on day one. The big number for Tennessee “18”; as in 18 returning starters!!! Tennessee Head Coach Butch Davis has this team on track and is moving the train forward. How much steam they can build this year is the only question. But, if QB Josh Dobbs can stay healthy this Tennessee “Choo Choo” train is going to be hard to stop. Plus, that defense needs to continue stopping opponents on 3rd down------------------------------------“3RD DOWN FOR WHAT?????? ”Volunteers win but do not cover 38-21!!!

Last edited:

Week One - Saturday(Night Games) – SEC 2015

Arizona State Sun Devils (3.5 pt DOG) @ Texas A&M Aggies….
Texas A&M, or as I like to call them, “Nickname U”, kicks off against the Sun Devils this coming Saturday on a neutral site in Houston, Texas. Will Aggie QB Kyle Allen prove good enough in this game to earn himself a new nifty nickname? I have a few nicknames in mind if he does “GOOD” or if he does “BAD”.
GOOD:
Kyle “Make You Smile” Allen
Kyle “Aggie Style” Allen
Kyle “Mr. Versatile” Allen
BAD:
Kyle “Vile Black Bile” Allen
Kyle “Won’t be Back for a While” Allen
Kyle “Cow Pile” Allen
This Aggie defense will definitely be more physical on defense this year with the addition of ex-LSU DC John Chavis but there may be no one healthy enough to play when he gets done whipping them into shape. Arizona State on the other hand is hitting on all cylinders. They have had “back-2-back” 10 win seasons and will be pushing the Trojans of Southern Cal and the Ducks of Oregon for that PAC-12 title. They are pre-season ranked 15th in the country for a reason. This game should prove to be a real barn burner and fun game to watch. I expect both teams to be able to put points on the board but I think this game all comes down to the last drive within the last minute. I don’t consider this to be an upset but since Texas A&M is favored to win, I will. Sun Devils win and pocket the Vegas points 35-33!!!

Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (16.5 pt DOG) @ Kentucky Wildcats….
The Kentucky Football season is getting ready to kick off this Saturday which reminds me it’s almost time for Kentucky fans to start talking about their fantasy basketball program. Ragin’ Cajuns Head Coach Mark Hudspeth has been at Louisiana-Lafayette for four seasons. The results: 4 consecutive 9-4 seasons, 4 consecutive bowl games and 4 consecutive bowls victories!!! I’m betting that this man gets more than senior discounts on his coffee at the local Hardees in Lafayette, LA. Let’s just say he’s well received wherever he goes in town. Despite his success, he’s limited to his talent level. Even though Kentucky is still the low man on the SEC totem pole; they still have big-time SEC talent. With 16 returning starters and big time talent on the field the Cajuns will struggle to be effective on offense. The Cajun’s pride and will keep them in the fight. But, in the end it will be Kentucky’s all-star cast made of QB Patrick Towles, RB Stanley “Boom” Williams, LB Josh Forrest and DT Melvin Lewis that close the deal for the Wildcats!!!........Wildcats win and cover 42-17!!!

McNeese State Cowboys (35 pt DOG) @ LSU Tigers….
I fully expect the LSU cheerleaders to be playing in the 4th quarter of this game. Annnnd scoring at will!!! The Cowboys aren’t even good within their own conference, The Southland Conference. It’s possible that LSU Tiger RB Leonard Fournette could rush for over a 1,000yards in the first quarter with 50+TDs. Ok, that might be a slight stretch, but it’s going to be an “ole-fashion butt whooping” however you slice it. I just hope LSU’s live mascot Mike, the Tiger, doesn’t get an upset tummy from eating so much red meat all at once. Let’s hope not; but just in case, the trainers probably should be lookin’ for cleats and cowboy hats in his poop at halftime. Just saying……………..Tigers win and cover 55-0!!!

New Mexico State Aggies (36.5 pt DOG) @ Florida Gators….
Florida’s new Head Coach Jim McElwain was hired to re-ignite this Gator’s offensive torch so he could light up the path back to the road of “Winning Ways” for this Gator program. Don’t expect miracles and champions in Gainesville this year but do expect immediate improvement. This opening game will be the launch pad for the “soon to be named” starting QB at Florida. Coach McElwain plans to use this game to do his final evaluation of his QBs before naming one as the leader of the team. New Mexico State Aggies on the other hand hasn’t had a winning season since 2002. They are projected to finish 127th out of 128 teams in DI football….....In other words; they are weak, very weak. Weak as water! Heck, they may be weaker than water. Their weakest is comparable to someone trying to get drunk on vanilla extract by eating 4 bowls of momma’s homemade banana pudding in a single sitting. Drunkenness and Winning just ain’t happen for either party!!!.........................This football game quickly turns into a track meet. Gators win and cover 55-3!!!

Wisconsin Badgers (10.5 pt DOG) @ Alabama Crimson Tide….
Little Ole Nicky Satan is back at it again for the 9th year as the head coach of the Crimson Tide. He did re-negotiate with the devil at the end of the 2014 season. As the saying goes “The devils in the details”; well it turns out that Little Nicky was promised a few more wins in 2015 and all he had to give up was his Offensive Coordinator’s soul. And, as luck would have, Coach Nick Satan lost nothing in the negotiation because Coach Kiffin’s soul was already sitting in hell misfiled under “Screwing Tennessee Volunteers”. The Tide comes in high once again this year as pre-season favorites to win it all in the SEC and some experts go so far to calling them National Champs (TBD). I’m not ready to call them SEC Champs much less National Champs until we see how this QB situation plays itself out. The Badgers come into the season with only one thing on their mind; winning the Big Ten-West so they get a re-match with Ohio State for a chance to win the Big Ten Champion. But, more importantly, they want redemption. Ohio State destroyed Wisconsin last year in the Big Ten championship game-------------------59-0!!!......Ouch!!!....The Badgers will be fired up and ready to prove themselves against this elite SEC team plus the confidence will be oozing from the win over Auburn in the Outback Bowl this past January. Coach Nick Satan said he looked forward to playing Wiscon-SIN!!!………..hmmmmmmm………….I wonder why!!!!.....The Crimson Tide rolls and covers 33-21!!!

Mississippi State Bulldogs (21 pt FAV) @ Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles….
Just thinking about this late night game is starting to give me the late night munchies……I’m just trying to think of the perfect entree for game time……And maybe I could call up some players to help me cook!!!
Maybe try doing some Eagle Cordon Blue or Blacken Eagle??? Yeaaaaaa, that sounds good! Despite the names being brown, I bet Miss. State’s DE Ryan Brown and LB Beniquez Brown could definitely help me apply the black and blue to this Eagle dinner!!!...Orrrrrrrr, maybe try doing some Eagle Noodle Soup???? Yeaaaa, that sounds good too! I could get Southern Miss’s QB Nick Mullens to give me a hand or one of his arms to make the noodles for the soup!!!! Orrrrrrr, maybe try doing some Sweet and Sour Eagle???? Yeaaaaaa, that sounds good too!!! I could get Miss State’s QB Dak Prescott to supply me with several TDs----that would be real sweet!!! And then have Southern Miss’s DC David Duggan supply me with a few frowny faces (L) to get the sour taste. (But not too much; because sometimes it’s hard to get the taste of losing out of your mouth)…….Ahhhh, they all sound good but I think I just want my eagle deep fried. The Eagles will definitely be a much improved team from last year but the secondary at Southern Miss is going to get deep fried by Dak Prescott and his army of receivers. Dawgs win and cover 38-14!!!

END OF WEEK ONE

**************Results after Week One**************
****Week One Results****
Winners 12 out of 13 Picked (Straight up) 92.31%
Winners 8 out of 12 Picked (Against the Spread) 66.67%
****YTD Results****
Winners 12 out of 13 Picked (Straight up) 92.31%
Winners 8 out of 12 Picked (Against the Spread) 66.67%

*Side Notes - Week One*
LSU-McNeese Stategame was cancelled due to lightning.
Vanderbilt-Western Kentucky game was a PUSH ATS (Tie based on Vegas spread)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT