ADVERTISEMENT

JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS - SEC 2016 - Week Three

Doggystyle35

Freshman
Aug 28, 2014
JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS
"With advice this bad, you have to give it away!!!"

Week Three - Saturday – SEC 2016

Ohio Bobcats (27.5pt DOG) @ #15 Tennessee Volunteers….
You ever wondered where Tennessee’s Volunteer mascot got his Daniel Boone/Davy Crocket hat from? If you watch all of this game you will. That’s not a coonskin hat he’s wearing; that’s a Bobcat-skin hat!!! Expect less than 160k people this week, but more than 100k, to watch Ole Rocky Top, rock it all up!!!.....Volunteers win but do not cover 49-24!!!

Vanderbilt Commodores (6.5pt DOG) @ Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets….
Gloat like a Commodore, sting like a bee………Vandy won’t beat Tech by kicking those threes!!! Vandy must scores touchdowns in this game to beat Georgia Tech. The Yellow Jackets by design will try to limit your offensive plays by controlling the clock. The triple option is their “bread and butter” and it’s a rarity in D-1A football; so a lot of teams get caught off guard due the unfamiliarity with their offensive style!!! Interesting enough, despite this games low appeal due to the unranked teams playing it should turn out to be a great game. Both teams need the “W” and both teams will be all in to get it. I love what RB Ralph Webb is doing at Vandy. If you stop him; you stop the Commodores. Georgia Tech’s defense is designed to stop the run plus they practice stopping the option every single day in practice. Thus, they will be especially hard to run on. The Yellow Jackets will be playing at their “Home Nest” this Saturday which means the stingers will be coming hard and often!!!! Vanderbilt is 0-5 in the last five years on opening road games…….Yellow Jackets win and cover 28-21!!!

#1 Alabama Crimson Tide (10.5pt FAV) @ #19 Ole Miss Rebels….
I know all you Rebels fans remember the good times and the bad times with “Good Bo” and “Bad Bo”!!! He was a real gunslinger and risk taker. Well, this new gunslinger, Chad” Machine Gun” Kelly might raise the bar. QB Chad Kelly has been, lack of a better word, lucky! He should have 6 picks right now. His All-star cast of big time receivers has bailed him out of INT jail too many times to list this season. All I know is if “Glad Chad” doesn’t show up this Saturday and his evil twin brother “Bad Chad” shows up; it’s going to be a long day for the Rebels. Alabama is solid on both sides and deep on both sides. The only QB controversy they have in Alabama right now is; who’s going to replace QB Jalen Hurts after he goes to the NFL. Coach Dick Satan has this team dialed in for success, and trust me; this game has been circled on his calendar since September 20, 2015 12:00:01am!!! I got some good news and some bad news. The Good News------“Glad Chad” shows up!!! The bad news-----The Tide rolls and covers 38-24!!!

East Carolina Pirates (3.5pt DOG) @ South Carolina Gamecocks….
Ladies, these Pirates aren’t from the Caribbean and you definitely won’t be seeing Johnny Depp in tight football pants bending over to pick up any footballs. Savvy??? The Pirates of the Carolinas starring QB Phillip “Brown Beard” Nelson and his trusty team of sidekicks, RB Anthony “Black Beard” Scott and WR Zay “No Beard” Jones, will be coming to a theater near you soon!!! Real soon!!! The opening premiere will be this coming Saturday at 4pm eastern time. Tickets are now available for sale at Columbia, SC at Williams-Brice. Don’t worry about getting a bad seat. All the seating at William-Brice are stadium seats! You Gamecocks better be ready when East Carolina hits town because these Pirates have some big cannons and are coming to get your booty!!! Offensively the Pirates have been impressive so far this year; averaging over 566yards/game and 42.5points/game. Defensively, they have room to grow. South Carolina on the other hand has struggled to find any offense. Defensively the Gamecocks have shown progress. But, can South Carolina take advantage of East Carolina’s weak defense?????? I say they will. They may score more in this game than both previous games combined; but it won’t be enough!!! Pirates win and pocket the points 28-27!!!

New Mexico State Aggies (19.5pt DOG) @ Kentucky Wildcats….
If Kentucky has another performance like they had last weekend against the Florida Gators, I won’t have to worry about coming up with new basketball jokes for the Kentucky football team. Mitch Barnhart, the Athletic Director at Kentucky, will be emailing me several of his own. Coach Bob Stoops and the Wildcats should handle business this weekend but a lackluster performance against the Aggies of New Mexico State will definitely ignite a flame under the seat that little ole Bobby sits on!!! I’m betting on QB Drew Barker and RB “Boom” Williams to lower the BOOM on the Aggies!!!...Wildcats win and cover 38-17!!!

Mississippi State Bulldogs (13.5pt DOG) @ #20 LSU Tigers….
Death Valley on a Saturday night can only mean one thing; corndogs sales in the state of Louisiana are about to spike!!! The Jim Beam will be flowing steady in the veins of thousands of Crazy Cussing Comatose Cajuns this Saturday night. So, to all you Mississippi State fans planning a family outing; I got a few suggestions for you to be able to protect the kiddos. Bring ear plugs and a water proof poncho for them; explain to the kids about the birds and bees and then explain to them about the bees and the bees; and most importantly, you need to remind them that you go #1 and #2 “INSIDE” the porta-john!!! LSU has a QB controversy going on at the moment but with RB Leonard Fournette in the backfield they afford to can hand off the ball to him until they figure it out. This LSU defense is talented and deep. The Bulldogs improved last week but there are still glaring issues that need to be fixed. As good as Dan Mullen has been at getting the most out of his players; not sure even he can fix them all in one week. Two years ago the Bulldogs beat the Tigers at Baton Rouge by running the football. Last year the Bulldogs almost beat the Tigers by passing the football. This year they will not be able to do either. The inexperience and lack of confidence in the passing game coupled with the fact that there’s no real threat in the power running game spell doom for the Dawgs!!!........Tigers win and cover 27-13!!!

#17 Texas A&M Aggies (3.5pt DOG) @ Auburn Tigers….
Everyone loves tailgating at a football game. Game days, means food for days!!! Do any of you Auburn fans ever get hungry talking about Auburn football or Coach Gus Malzahn??? Boy, I sure do; seems like every time I hear the name Coach Malzahn I’m tempted to order a Pizza Calzone. Not sure what’s up with that. Speaking of Calzones, there are many delicious tasty calzones out there but they all look the same from the outside. Some are cheesy, some have chicken, some are beefy; but you really don’t know what it’s made of until you test it out. This weekend we get to see what this Gus Malzahn’s team is made up of. Is this Auburn team full of high quality ingredients with lots of beefy players or just another overinflated overrate team with nothing inside but hot air and hype? As far as the Aggies goes; they definitely have QB Trevor Knight and WR Christian Kirk on the same page, and DE Myles Garrett is playing as advertized once again!!! This game makes Auburn’s third straight home game while this is the first road test for the Aggies. I think the defenses are pretty equal in the game. I think it comes down to QB play. Tigers QB Sean White has proven to be effective in managing games and taking what the defense gives him. But, can he make a play when there is no play??? Well, bring your fork this Saturday night to Jordan-Hare Stadium and let’s all find out what’s inside. To all you Auburn faithful; you need to “run-out” and “buy-out” all the store’s toilet paper within a square mile of campus,,,,,,, and then head on down to Toomer’s corner!!! You’re going to need to need it for all the crying you’re about to do!!! Aggies win and pocket the points 26-24!!!

Week Three - Saturday – SEC 2016 - cont.

North Texas Mean Green (36.5pt DOG) @ #23 Florida Gators….
How many Wildcats does it take to overpower an Alligator? Apparently 46, because the Gators hung 45 points on the Wildcats in their impressive win over Kentucky last weekend. The defense, except for one late 4th quarter trash TD, shutout the Wildcats. Florida looks like a different team when the offense is working. And when this offense is working the defense comes to life. If you remember, Florida’s defense floundered in the post-season last year, because they gave up on their offense after they didn’t score one single point against arch rivalry Florida State in the last game of the season. But make no doubt about it; this Gator defense is the real deal, and will continue to be, if they keep getting good QB play from their sophomore Luke Del Rio. It’s amazing how good a defense can be when their counterpart, the offense, comes to life!!! As far as North Texas goes; the “Mean Green” will be turned into “Queen Jeanne” by halftime…….Gators win and cover 45-7!!!

Texas State Bobcats (31.5pt DOG) @ #24 Arkansas Razorbacks….
Just food for thought-------Which one of these two mammal’s hair would stick up on their back more once made angry; a full grow bad-tempted Razorback being cornered or a pissed-off Coach Bret Bielema waiting on the Huddle House waitress to bring him his pancakes after having to wait 30 seconds???? Things that make you go hmmmmmm….lolllll….The Hawgs took down the Frogs last week and showed the world that they can win the close game. Coach Bret Bielema may have just gotten his team over the hump and ready to play this year!!!! If that’s the case; this Razorback football team will be hungry for more and ****** off having to wait until Saturday to play!!! So to all you big hitters in the SEC WEST; you better be on “High-Hair” alert. Because those Hawgs are riding high right now and so are their hairs!!! BEWARE of the HAIR!!! As far Texas State goes; the Bobcats lost their season opener to Ohio in a triple OT shootout 56-54. The Hawgs shouldn’t have to worry about winning this week but they will have to worry about stopping the Bobcat’s passing game. There are definitely some weak spots in this Arkansas secondary. I believe Bobcats QB Tyler Jones will be good enough to expose these spots if he has time. He can and will but it won’t last long……..Razorbacks win but do not cover 48-17!!!

#16 Georgia Bulldogs (6.5pt FAV) @ Missouri Tigers….
And in this last game; it’s a Squatty-Body Slobber Dawg vs. a Big Ole Stripped-up Orange Flabby Tabby!!!
Georgia might have a QB controversy in Athens, GA but in Columbia, MO there is absolutely no QB controversy. Tigers QB Drew Lock has a cannon for an arm (and a NFL future), and it’s locked and loaded with armor piercing Bulldog Bullets. This 6’4 220lb sophomore got his feet wet at the end of last season and he looks to be improving each week. He already has over 730 yards passing with 6 TD in just two games. He’s on pace to have a 4,000 plus yard season and has the talent in his arm to do it. He will also have the opportunity to do it, because the Missouri running game has practically vanished into thin air. Stop him and you stop the Tigers. Georgia can’t continue to have turnovers and expect to win. The only thing that saved them last week from their 3 turnovers; Nicholls State’s 3 turnovers!!! RB Nick Chubb “right-n-left” won’t work in this game. Missouri is burnable in the secondary. And, if the Bulldogs can’t take advantage of this weakness; they are playing right into the strength of this Tigers defense. So far I have not seen good enough QB play from the Georgia Bulldogs to capitalizes. I’m calling for the upset. Tigers win and pocket the points 28-27!!!

End of Week Three

JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS
"With advice this bad, you have to give it away!!!"

**************Results after Week Two**************

****Week Two Results****

Picked 10 out of 12 winners (Straight up) 83.33%
Picked 4 out of 12 winners (Against the Spread) 33.33%

****YTD Results****
Picked 16 out of 25 winners (Straight up) 64.00%
Picked 10 out of 25 winners (Against the Spread) 40.00%

Mr. Jimbo

ADVERTISEMENT