ADVERTISEMENT

JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS - SEC 2016 - Week One

Doggystyle35

Freshman
Aug 28, 2014
JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS
"With advice this bad, you have to give it away!!!"

Week One - Thursday – SEC 2016

Appalachian State Mountaineers (21pt DOG) @ #9 Tennessee Volunteers….
Tennessee is coming into this season with a top 10 ranking. Are the Volunteers really Contenders or Pretenders???? Is RB Jalen Hurd a Gamer or a Lamer???? Is QB Joshua Dobbs a Stud or a Dud???? With 18 returning starters, there should be some hype in Knoxville, but #10??? (To Be Determined) As far as App State goes, they only won 11 games last year and only have 16 returning starters. Haaaaaa!!!...........Thus, they will not “GO” gently into the night!!! But, they will “GO”,,,,,,, eventually into the night!!! Volunteers win but do not cover 38-21!!!

South Carolina Gamecocks (4.5pt DOG) @ Vanderbilt Commodores….
Welcome back Coach Will “MustyChimp”!!! I sure did missed you---wellll, I missed saying MustyChimp!!! If the Gamecocks can’t stop the Commodore’s offense; it’s going to be a long season for South Carolina and ole Musty. If the Gamecock’s defense can’t keep the scoring low; the Gamecocks may be looking at a 4 win season. As far as Vanderbilt goes, Coach Derek Mason is sitting on the hot seat; thus, he must go bowling this year or he may find himself actually bowling at a bowling alley with all the free time he’s going to have after the season!!! I believe Vanderbilt has more experience coming into this game but I believe the Gamecocks will come into this game with a “Nothing to Lose” attitude. That makes them a dangerous team. But, at the end of the day, I like the experience coupled with home field advantage. Commodores win but do not cover 24-20!!!

Week One – Saturday – SEC 2016

South Alabama Jaguars (28pt DOG) @ Mississippi State Bulldogs….
Please turn to page 15 in your history books and begin reading from the book Starkville starting in the year of 2016 A.D. (After Dak). You’ll notice the pages are blank in this chapter. That’s because this chapter hasn’t been written yet. The Big Dawg on campus is now a Dallas Cowboy and the shoes (cleats) he left behind will take a mighty big foot to fill them. Will QB Nick Fitzgerald’s foot be the foot that fills the shoe to complete the Cinderella story??? Or could it be a freshman or a JUCO star??? As far as South Alabama goes; let’s just say they aren’t as good as the other Alabama team. Out of the 128 Division I-A Teams listed; the Jaguars are projected to finish 115 out of the 128. North Carolina State destroyed the Jaguars last year in regular season 63-13. And, if you recall, the Dawgs destroyed NC State in the Belk Bowl 51-28. Another way of saying it; Mississippi State’s cheerleaders would probably be favored in this matchup with the Jaguars. So, Bulldog fans heading to StarkVegas--- expect a slight test but no contest!!!........Bulldogs win and cover 42-10!!!

Missouri Tigers (10pt DOG) @ West Virginia Mountaineers….
Country roads, take me home, to the place, I beloooooong; West Virginia, mountain mamma, take me home, country roads.
John Denver probably said it best when he sang-----------”Take me home, Country Roads”
But I really think he was trying to say………..
“West Virginia, Mountaineers, take the home team, country hoes”
Opening season in Morgantown…….Yeaaaaaaa, blow out alert!!! It’s quite possible that everyone on this Mountaineer football team will score, including the coaches and trainers. There’s even an outside shot that John Denver crashes into the end zone for a touchdown or two………too soon???........My bad!!!......The only person(s) in Morgantown that won’t “Get- In-On” the scoring,,,,,,,is the Missouri offense!!! It’s going to be a looooooog season for the Tigers!!!.........Mountaineers win and cover 31-13!!!

#16 UCLA Bruins (3pt DOG) @ Texas A&M Aggies….
What word comes to mind when you see a team that is ranked 16th in the country playing an unranked team??? Oh, and one more thing, the ranked team; yeah, they’re the underdog too!!!! Can you say---Overrated? I can-------------OVERRATED!!! Coach Kevin Sumlin and the Aggies struggled last year but a fast start with a happy ending in this game might propel this team right into the top 20 next week. As far a UCLA goes….They had 6 early departures to the NFL which will definitely impact this team’s depth. I’m predicting ULCA won’t escape September without losing 2; this game being one of them. But, don’t count them out because when your head coach is Jim Mora you’re always in the game. This game will be fight to the end because it’s SEC pride vs. PAC12 pride……Aggies win but do not cover 28-27!!!

#5 LSU Tigers (9.5pt FAV) @ Wisconsin Badgers….
With 18 returning starters and a Heisman front runner standing in the backfield; you got to ask yourself one question. If not now, then when? LSU is playing 12 hands of blackjack with 12 aces showing sunny side up. They don’t even have to be lucky this year to win 10+games. But, winning 10 games this season isn’t what this team is looking to do nor is it what the fan base expects. They have National Championship on the brain and nothing less is going to “stomach well” with this team or its fan base. The known weak links to this Tiger’s chain are Coach “Less” Miles and QB Brandon Harris. And trust me, if that link is weak when it rolled up into Tuscaloosa in November; you better believe Coach Dick Satan is going to snap it. As far as the Badgers of Wisconsin goes; they are very much depleted this year. They only have 4 returning starters on offensive and four on defense. They have many question marks coming into this season with the biggest question mark at QB. This will “NOT” be a 10+ win team this year. In fact, their longest active bowl appearance streak of making it 15 in a row this year may end if they don’t take care of the “slam dunk” games on their schedule. LSU Big!!!........Tigers win and cover 35-14!!!

Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (26pt DOG) @ Arkansas Razorbacks….
So, what can you expect from this Arkansas football team this year? Defensive you can expect to see Wild Killer Boars attacking opponents and going for the juggler vein!!! Offensive you can expect to see young “peach fuzz” piglets playing in pig poo trying to figure out how to survive the SEC!!! Despite having 14 returning starters; the Razorbacks only have 3 returning starters on offense. The piglets will have to mature quickly this season to avoid being eaten up in a hungry field of SEC West mascots. As far as LA Tech goes; they have the opposite problem. Offensive, they will be Pit-Bulls; but on defense, with only 3 returning starters, they will be more like freshly neutered puppies looking for a dark corner of the room to go lick themselves. The Bulldogs will score; just not enough. Hawgs win but do not cover 45-20!!!

#18 Georgia Bulldogs (3pt FAV) @ #22 North Carolina Tar Heels….(at Georgia Dome)
Ok Georgia faithful, you got what you wished for; you hired Kirby Smart and got rid of your second winningest football Coach in Georgia history. And by the way, Coach Mark Richt has a better winning % than your beloved Coach Vince Dooley. Just sayin’!!!! Only time will tell if Smart was a smart decision. Kinda reminds me when Tennessee pushed Fat Phil Fulmer out the door, and then we all watched as the wheels fell off the Lane Kiffin train in Knoxville. Georgia has its hoss coming back, RB Nick Chubb. Maybe he’s ready to roll or maybe it takes him a few games to get all his confidence back after coming off a season ending knee injury. We shall see. The other problem Georgia faces is that Kirby Smart has never been a head coach. There will be some growing pains. As far as North Carolina goes; Coach Larry Fedora is battle tested and proven. The Tar Heels lose to the Clemson Tigers in the ACC Championship game 37-45. I think we all know, including Alabama, how good Clemson is. The Tar Heels return 16 starters this year. The “so-called” experts have Georgia favored in this game but I got news for ya folks; bad news for ya if you’re a Georgia fan; I’m going with experience in this game. I think UNC’s coaching experience makes the difference in this high scoring game. Tar Heels win and pocket the points 31-28!!!

Week One - Saturday – SEC 2016 - cont....

Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles (7pt DOG) @ Kentucky Wildcats….
Kentucky hasn’t been to a bowl game since 2010. To have any chance of breaking through this year they must win this game. The Wildcats have just missed being bowl eligibility the last two seasons, the last game of the year. They better start quick on this Golden Eagles team or I’ll be trash talking and bring up Kentucky basketball in about 3 or 4 weeks. As far as Southern Miss goes; they are preseason favorites to win C-USA. They’re no joke!!! The only chink in their armor; they lost head coach, Todd Monken, to the NFL. This might be a stumble but not a major obstacle because all the other coaches are still in place along with the coordinators. Besides that, this team is a very accomplished under the leadership one of best QBs in school history. Oh, did I mention he’s breaking all of Brent Favre’s’ records at USM?????? I think homefield advantage coupled with a healthy RB “Boom” Williams gets the Katz over the hump. Wildcats win but do not cover 33-31!!!

Massachusetts Minutemen (35.5pt DOG) @ #25 Florida Gators….
Because you know it’s all about the defense,
‘Bout the defense, no offense-----------------------------------at Florida!!!
The Gators come in the 2016 season locked and loaded on defense but with continual questions on offensive side of the ball. They are steadily improving and upgrading their talent level at the skilled positions; but just how much has yet to be seen. (QB Del Rio???) We will learn nothing in this match up with Massachusetts. The Minutemen are men with no conference at the moment and are willing to get kicked around by Florida, South Carolina and Mississippi State this year for a big fat check to keep their football program going until they can hopefully find a new conference to join. They’re preseason favorites--------------------to finish last!!!!……in all of D1-A schools!!! Woooooooo whoooooo!!! This should be an interesting game for about a “minute”!!! Heyyyyyyy, maybe that’s where they got their name from...........Gators win and cover 38-0!!!

USC Trojans (11pt DOG) @ #1 Alabama Crimson Tide….(at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX)
Alabama returning 13 starters means nothing when you have 5 star athletes stacked up like cords of wood at your disposable. Bama introducing new players at QB and at RB will not be a problem. Bama literally has 5 star recruits competing for playing time at every position on the field. It’s ridiculous!!! Ok, to all you Alabama Crimson Tide haters; this is the part you’ll want to put on your earmuffs!!! Despite the turnover of talent on last year’s national championship team, Coach Dick Satan will continue to dominate and compete for a national championship this year. The truth hurts doesn’t it?????…lollll The Trojans are talent filled too. With 9 returning starters on offense, they will give Alabama a real test. Hard to say who gets out of the gate first since both team comes into the game with a brand new face at QB. I’m going to have to with my “Ric Flair” methodology on this one. To be the man, you got to beat the man!!! WOooooooooo!!! The Tide rolls and covers 34-17!!!

#2 Clemson Tigers (7.5pt FAV) @ Auburn Tigers….
Coach Gus Malzahn enters his 4th season at Auburn but it may be his last season if he doesn’t improve on a 6-6 regular season performance. The Auburn defense will have to carry this Tiger team in the first part of the season until they can find themselves a QB. Offensive the Tigers won’t be hard to figure out coming into this game. It’ll be RB Jovon Robinson (Dismissed from team); left, right and all night!!! As far as the Clemson goes; it’s all about how QB Deshaun Watson goes. Unlike of Auburn’s situation, it will be the offense carrying this team until this defense gels together. Yesssss, the Clemson Tigers were hit hard with graduation and early departures for the NFL last year but don’t think for a second they’re in trouble. They have recruited well national the past few years and finished this year with another top 10 class. Thus, the depth is there and the talent plenty. So, who do I think is going to win??? I’m going with Sherlock Holmes on this one!!! “It’s Elementary My Dear Watson-----Deshaun Watson!!!”……This game is close for 3 ½ quarters before the Heisman hopeful clips the wings on this War Eagle!!!…….The Clemson Tigers win and cover 31-17!!!

Week One - Monday – SEC 2016

#11 Ole Miss Rebels (4.5pt DOG) @ #4 Florida State Seminoles….
There’s a reason this game is being aired on national TV on a Monday night------- all by its lonesome!!! The stakes in this game could not be greater, or sooner!!! The first game of the season is a matchup of ACC POWER vs. SEC POWER!!! The Rebels have hedged their bets and double downed on the skills of QB Chad “Machine Gun” Kelly…................aka Hank from Me, Myself and Irene!!! (google it!!!...loll)…….If the Rebels can solidify their left side of the offensive line they should be able to challenge once again for an SEC WEST TITLE. On defense, despite the loss of Robert Nkemdiche, the Rebels are just as talented as Alabama. They just don’t have the depth like an Alabama team. Bottom-line: The Rebels can “NOT” afford to lose players this year and expect to compete on a national level. Florida State on the other hand is a top 5 national recruiter. They have Alabama depth. In fact, some might say; Alabama has Florida State depth. There’s really no difference between the two schools, when it comes to talent and depth. This game is being played in Orlando so it’s pretty much a home game for the Seminoles. I think Ole Miss capitalizes on its experience at QB and gears up, to slow up RB Dalvin Cook. I think the Seminoles will struggle early and get behind early only to have a second half rally come up short with a missed FG from one of its untested freshman place kickers…….Rebels win and pocket the pockets 31-30!!!

End of Week One

JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS
"With advice this bad, you have to give it away!!!"
**************Results after Week One**************

****Week One Results****

Picked 0 out of 0 winners (Straight up) 0%
Picked 0 out of 0 winners (Against the Spread) 0%
****YTD Results****
Picked 0 out of 0 winners (Straight up) 0%
Picked 0 out of 0 winners (Against the Spread) 0%

Mr. Jimbo

Last edited: