ADVERTISEMENT

State vs. South Alabama

NCTider

Legend
May 29, 2001
A couple of years ago when the 2014 schedule was announced many Bulldog fans scoffed at the South Alabama Jaguars were added to the schedule. Then when it was announced that the Dawgs would be playing the Jaguars in Mobile several of you predicted that the AD would "buy out" of the game. How do y'all feel about playing them in Mobile now?

I'm sure most State fans are happy that the Athletic department was able to save money by making the trip to mobile. There are lots of Bulldog alumni in Mobile, also. So I don't think you're going to get the response you want on this.

I personally don't care. It's an easy drive for most of us in ms because their field is basically right off of hwy 98. But hotel accommodations are the only concern. Better plan to just drive home afterwards
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by DCC30:
But hotel accommodations are the only concern. Better plan to just drive home afterwards
There are tons of hotel rooms available, especially downtown. There shouldn't be any concerns.

It's not that mobile doesn't have plenty of hotels, it's just that the stadium is placed where most people from Ms traveling down would be coming from the west down 98 to get there and we would have to drive past the school all the way through that miserable stretch to get to a decent safe location and I think most will elect to just drive to the game and drive home. I may try to get a hotel in Lucedale.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Only about 1,500 tickets remain and they're in the end zone:

http://southalabama.universitytickets.com/user_pages/event_seat_selection.asp

We will be driving from the Starkville Area and looking forward to the game. Plan to just drive back home after the game or spend the night in Meridian. USA's qb played for Alcorn a couple of years ago, when we played them, I think he will be interesting to watch. Really don't know a lot about their team.

There's a Marriott hotel at Bel Air Mall located on Airport Blvd. and I-65 very near Ladd-Peebles Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT