ADVERTISEMENT

Score predictions for Miss State vs. Alabama

Duo

Hall of Famer
Jul 23, 2006
in Tuscaloosa wile Vegas is making Bama an 8 1/2 point favorite.

And if Alabama wins what will this do to the playoff rankings? And assuming Florida State beats Miami to remain undefeated.
This post was edited on 11/13 2:04 PM by Duo

Hope ya'll play the way you did against Auburn. We can always use 4 or 5 turnovers. I remember 2012, the last time you came to T-Town - Undefeated, hollering that Hail State stuff. How'd that work out for you? Bama 38-14. RTR!

Ha ha! This is a completely different team than the 2012 team that got ran out of the of stadium. Also this is not as good of a bama team as 2012.
MSU 28 Bama 17
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Strange, that's what ya'll thought in 2012 too. There are aspects of this team which are better than 2012, and your team doesn't have as good a defense as 2012 or 2013. You gave up 29 to LSU before they had their huge turn around. You gave up huge come backs to Aubie and Texas A&M and Kentucky. You gave up 34 to UAB. You haven't played against a defense like this one yet, nor have you seen RB's like Yeldon and Henry or a receiver like Cooper. Out of 98 games you've won 8 times in T-Town. The last time it was against a 6-7 Shula team on sanctions. Before that it was 1957, before Bear. I don't want to be nasty. Considering the program differences ya'll deserve some pity. But excuse me if I don't believe - especially the way we've played in BDS during the Saban era.1 one point loss to Auburn's National Champs 2010. 1 three point loss to #1 LSU 2011. 1 five point loss to #5 A&M and Johnny Football 2012. I stand by my prediction.

Your predictions are based soley on the idea that you are Bama and we are MSU. That's ok, I get that but we had the same predictions before we played LSU, and Auburn. They were supposed to win just because they were them and we were us and the past said this and that blah blah blah. We put in the B team against LSU and went into prevent and let them get back in it. When we played UAB, we took Dak out after the First series and put in the entire second team and they slept walked through the game. I don't care what the stats say, when our team needs to tighten up, they do. We have been up on so many people we let the backups get ALOT of reps for depth down the road. If your team has the same mentality you do, we will wipe the floor with them. I am not disrespecting your team. saban is the best coach ever in my opinion; has serious talent all over the field and it's at home. Advantage definitely swings in your favor, but Bama isn't 3 TDs better than us. Not this year.

Right! Not 3 TD's better. At least 3 TzS's better if we bring our A game. You are basically the same team we whupped in your house last year. You just have a bunch of seniors, but we hsve much more unity thsn last year and a hell of a lot better secondary. I would guezs A&M thought we weren't 3 td's bettet either. Could have easily been 80-0. Also I don't believe your story about subs. No coach is stupid enough to sub in the first quarter against LSU in Death Valley and especialky keep them in long enough to let LSU catch up. Bullsh**! And if he took Prescott out after the first series against UAB and allowed UAB to stay in the gsme, then Mullins is a dumba**. I think it's more likely that you are full of it. And obviousky Auburn is not that good anywsy and this is Alabama, not Awbie or LSU. I think Ole Misses defense beats you also. You are going down hard Satirday.

Originally posted by DCC30:
Ha ha! This is a completely different team than the 2012 team that got ran out of the of stadium. Also this is not as good of a bama team as 2012.
MSU 28 Bama 17

I am not one to predict outcomes of games but I do find it interesting that a defense that gave up:

34 to UAB
31 to A&M
31 to KY
29 to LSU

is going to hold Alabama, in Tuscaloosa, to 17.

Raylan...of the games you listed in hopes of trying to discredit our defense..in which one of them was the game ever in doubt?

If you even give an answer to that question...it shows you did not watch those games and are clueless.

State has been DOMINATING games. Our defense shows up when it counts...bottom line.

A lot of our negative defensive stats have come AFTER the game was already in hand...you cannot argue this. Anybody who does not agree with that has ZERO support to back up their claim.

In the majority of the games this year, State has been able to play their quote "2's & 3's" a lot because of the lopsidedness of our games.

What about 'Bama? LSU you barely beat...in fact you needed OT...State CRUSHED LSU. LSU made it a game late because we were resting players.

Arkansas...another game you BARELY won and another game that should have went into OT.

Yes, the score was tight in the game we had against them but our defense showed up and shut them down. State did not need a missed Arkansas point after to win that game...'Bama did!

Ole Miss...you had the game in hand and you blew it. Your defense could not make a stop.

So..again I ask..give me an example of the State D folding under pressure...I just gave you 3 examples for 'Bamas D and you were lucky to win 2 of them!!!

This coming weekend I admit I am nervous. My nerves are based simply on the history of both of our programs however.

Remember this...this Saturday is a MUST win for Alabama...a must win! You guys lose...2 loses...buh bye!

This is not a MUST win for State. Even if we lose we are still in it.

Even if we lose and both State and 'Bama win out after...we will both be 11-1 to end the season with 'Bama going to Atlanta.

Now...if 'Bama goes to Atlanta..another MUST win to get to BCS playoffs...

State, we will be sitting in Starkville with an 11-1 record waiting for our 1-4 seed number...regardless of what happens in Atlanta.

Pressure is ALLLLLLLLLL on 'Bama!!! But no worries...you guys were under a lot of pressure before the Ole Miss and LSU games...and we both know how dominant 'Bama was in those games. The Arkansas game...I would not say that was a lot of pressure on you guys but you did make it close...

Yes, I want to win but if we don't we don't

'Bama...you NEED TO WIN!!!!!

Enjoy the game AssClowns!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really Pickle? Against UAB it was 26-20 at the half and against KY it was 31-24 after 3 quarters. Sorry but those two don't look like domination.

What's more, like I said above - if your coach plays reserves enough to keep the game in doubt, then he's a dumbass. More likely is that you just don't know what the hell you are talking about. Your defense is practically last in the SEC. Bama's is first in the nation in several important categories. Whatever you think about your team being ahead and the opponent putting yards and points against reserves, does not hold water. Bama has maintained the #1 defense in the nation for going on 7 years in spite of playing reserves and a program mentality against embarrassing an opponent. THEREFORE, playing reserves is NOT an excuse for having one of the conferences worst defenses. Furthermore, if you cannot run, you cannot win. Bama has the best run defense, and the past three years you have run for approximately 45, 55 and 15 yards respectively. Don't even be stupid enough to think Robinson is freaking Superman. The worse stat concerning your poor defense is the outrageously weak schedule you have played and still given up so much. Com'on people: Southern Miss, UAB, So Alabama, UT Martin. Throw in Kentucky and what do you have left? Tex A&M, Auburn with the 2 worst defense in the conference and nation, and LSU before they changed their style of play! Bama has on the other hand played only Fla Atlantic and So Miss. Our stats have been compiled against the SEC West and Fla and Tennessee who have turned out to be two of the East's better teams. And any comparisons you try to make with common opponents - Arky you played at home and we played on the road. A&M we win that one hands down. LSU, we are their most hated rival, as we are with Arky and A&M also. And stop with that stupid crap about this being a different team. NO IT IS NOT. How many true freshmen do you have starting? -------------- Crickets! It is the exact same team we curb stomped last year, with the exception of a few seniors graduating and the Juniors and Sophomores moving up to Seniors and Juniors. You are better than last year - maybe - because you have a senior dominated team, meaning they are experienced and use to playing together. Bama will NEVER have a senior dominated team simply because the stars never stay for their senior season. However, that damn sure hasn't seemed to bother us much for the last 7 years - especially not this late in the season. Love your team - yes. But don't argue on blogs rattling off stupid, inaccurate opinions and stats. It just gives us 'homers' more ammunition.

This post was edited on 11/12 2:27 PM by Crimsonite1

Hey stupid girl! Stay off football blogs until you learn the game of football. You CRUSHED LSU by 5 points? Idiot! You let them back in by playing reserves? I think I'll call Mullins and tell him you think he's a dumbass. Nobody plays reserves against LSU at night in Death Valley until they let them catch up. LMAO! Bama needed Arky to miss their an extra point to keep from going into OT? Arky missed their extra point early in the second quarter and Bama was never in danger of actually losing as we scored the go ahead td at the start of the 4th quarter. During the 4th quarter Arky had the ball 3 plays and fumbled, 4 plays and turned over on downs, 3 plays and punt, and six plays and interception. They were completely shut down after Bama took the lead 14-13. Bama put the game in the defenses hands after that and didn't try to score more since the offense was having a bad day in Sims first away game.. You on the other hand needed a damn lucky 70 yard scrambling pass to take the lead and an equally lucky interception in the endzone on the last play of the game. Stupid! Now you want to try and compare the A&M game? I'm really interested in how you spin that one! Bwaa Haww Haww! And for pity sake, you are dissing our game with Ole Miss who you haven't even played? Ole Miss will stomp your asses. You can't move the ball against that defense. And you completely overlook Ole Miss while saying Bama has to worry all through the SEC Championship game while you just wait. WTF? We beat you and Auburn and you lose to Ole Miss and even if we lose the SEC Championship Game we both have 2 losses and I'll guarandamntee you Bama will go to the playoffs long before you do. Besides that, Mizzou is probably going to win the East by default because they are already in first place and if they beat A&M Saturday they have no one left on their schedule who can beat them (Tennessee and Arky). Bama can beat Mizzou with their scout team. So much for your stupid dreams. You win Saturday or your dream season is over and you play in a Bowl game. Now shutup girl!

This post was edited on 11/12 2:31 PM by Crimsonite1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT