ADVERTISEMENT

Robbie- Honest Question

Colonel3491

Legend
May 30, 2007
Why does Mullen continually pull committed kids offers for taking other visits? This isn't a troll or a flame but its part of the process.

Do you have any examples or list of kids whose offers Mullen pulled for taking other visits?

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the first guy that I can remember. It is just part of it. It looks pretty bad because of how it's playing out, but it boils down to MSU not having a lot of spots and they're changing their approach in recruiting late. Get in or get out. It isn't a deal where they want to take the offer away so it makes it look better when Rawlings commits to Ole Miss. They told him that he didn't have a guarenteed spot if he visited. They have to know who's on board at this point. Can't afford to leave someone out in the cold like two years ago when Addarius Barnes jumped ship on signing day and cost State a spot.

How about the Liggins kid from Oxford. When he saw there was NO WAY he was signing his cousin (Jeremy) he pulled his scolly LATE leaving him scambling for a place. And he NEVER visited another school.

GOREBSGO #38

That's a flat out lie. We didn't pull
His offer because of the other Liggins. Where do you get this stuff? The only reason Rawlings got his offer pulled was because spots are tight and we had to
Offer his spot to another kid late in the game. Had nothing to do with going on the visit either.
Mullen waited until after Sean's
Visit to see where his heart was
And Sean told
Him he needed to think about it till midweek so Mullen had no choice
But to make his choice for him.
Period.
It's not about grapes. We can only sign 25!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

It's unfortunate if that's a rumor that is going around because that's absurd. MSU dropped Darius in the class because they decided they needed to go in another direction at that position and he didn't develop the way they hoped he would. It probably was a mistake for them to take his commitment that early but things like that happen. Mullen didn't leave him out in the cold and passed along Darius to other schools. He'll end up in a better situation where he can earn more playing time because of that.

There's not a whole lot of difference when you promise a scholarship and then pull the rug from underneath someone with a greyshirt which happens around the conference as well. State informed Darius before his senior year even ended and has given him ample time to find a new place with their help. Darius was understanding and hold no ill will towards the coaches.

Originally posted by RobbieFaulk:
It's unfortunate if that's a rumor that is going around because that's absurd. MSU dropped Darius in the class because they decided they needed to go in another direction at that position and he didn't develop the way they hoped he would. It probably was a mistake for them to take his commitment that early but things like that happen. Mullen didn't leave him out in the cold and passed along Darius to other schools. He'll end up in a better situation where he can earn more playing time because of that.

There's not a whole lot of difference when you promise a scholarship and then pull the rug from underneath someone with a greyshirt which happens around the conference as well. State informed Darius before his senior year even ended and has given him ample time to find a new place with their help. Darius was understanding and hold no ill will towards the coaches.
Robbie, I live in Oxford. Trust me. There is absolutely "ill will" toward the coaching staff by the Liggins family. Not only that, but the HC at Oxford HS has stated that staff is no longer welcome in the school. It's been in print several times, so I'm sure you know that.

The ONLY reason he was ever offered by that staff was to try to move in on Jeremy. The ONLY reason.

Also, with Judd committed as a "big back", I stand by my statement we're loaded at RB. We WOULD take Bo, but who wouldn't take another 5 star. Williams won't be missed by OM. In fact, we recruited him very little.

GOREBSGO #38

That's silly to suggest and a rumor on your end. I get that Johnny Hill is upset he was defending his player but you make it seem as if State ripped a scholly from the kid and told him to find a new home. Not the case..

Things change in recruiting and these same things have happened in the past at Ole Miss just as they do at MSU. It's ridiculous to try and make this an isolated incident. In the end, the coaches jobs are on the line. It's a business and it's no hard feelings towards a player.

Believe what you will about Williams. Ole Miss offered a visit and recruited him before and after his commitment to Mississippi State.

Jeremy liggins wasn't even on our radar when Darius committed. There was never mutual
Interest there.
Also speaking of Aries Williams, ole miss pushed hard for him, got so bad his mom Called the West Point coaches To ask them to tell ole miss to Stop calling. Fact! This was just a week ago.

Gorebsgo, you are so far off its
Not even funny.

This may get me banned, but on a site as dead as a hammer, I would wear it as a badge of honor. Won't matter as this will be my last wasted post on this blank slate of a site.

You, sir, are an idiot and deserve to be "Senior Writer" on a site no one reads or joins. I live in Oxford and I assure YOU and that dumbass DCC that I know more about this than either of you know. We do NOT tell recruits, "you visit msu and we will pull your scolly".

Think what you want, Dan Mullen will never be welcomed at OHS again. Period. Or LHS for that matter.

Yes, OM offered Williams. He's an instate recruit and we would have taken him early. But if you don't think we have better back already on our campus, seek help. I will even give you that OM offered a visit after he "committed" to state. But he was NOT a priority after his "commitment". After Judd committed, not even sure he was a priority at all.

It is NO rumor Mullet and Co. tried to get Jeremy Liggins to come over AFTER they offered the Liggins kid. And they DO have hard feelings. As DCC likes to say (even though he's clueless) FACT! State did rip it away from him and he has had a problem with recruiting every since. And by the way, JOHNNY HILL has helped him find another home, NOT Jethro.

I'll just end by telling you I have been around this program since 1968. And if you think you know a fraction of what I know about OM Football, I'll have what you're drinking........

Adios!

GOREBSGO #38

1511453_402141259921429_2117508582_n.jpg

You're an idiot. Do what your classy BB coach suggest to Henderson Saturday fun boy!
clown.r191677.gif

GOREBSGO #38

Classy post. Seems like someone should seek professional help for anger issues. If you can't have a civilized conversation with someone about a subject matter without calling people names or dishing out personal attacks, you should reevaluate the way you do things. Maybe take a break from the internet for a few days. If recruiting stuff bothers you or gets under your skin, step back for awhile. Do whatever it takes to ease your pain.

I was embarrassed for you after reading that. I like how no one cares to mention what Henderson said as he walked by. Let's be honest, this isn't the first time Hendersons felt the need to open his mouth and say something stupid while on the court. It's almost sad to see a kid waste so much talent on drugs and immaturity. He really has no future unless he gets his act together and by some miracle matures enough to play in the nba. At this rate he won't last 5 minutes in the leauge.

Originally posted by GOREBSGO:
This may get me banned, but on a site as dead as a hammer, I would wear it as a badge of honor. Won't matter as this will be my last wasted post on this blank slate of a site.

You, sir, are an idiot and deserve to be "Senior Writer" on a site no one reads or joins. I live in Oxford and I assure YOU and that dumbass DCC that I know more about this than either of you know. We do NOT tell recruits, "you visit msu and we will pull your scolly".

Think what you want, Dan Mullen will never be welcomed at OHS again. Period. Or LHS for that matter.

Yes, OM offered Williams. He's an instate recruit and we would have taken him early. But if you don't think we have better back already on our campus, seek help. I will even give you that OM offered a visit after he "committed" to state. But he was NOT a priority after his "commitment". After Judd committed, not even sure he was a priority at all.

It is NO rumor Mullet and Co. tried to get Jeremy Liggins to come over AFTER they offered the Liggins kid. And they DO have hard feelings. As DCC likes to say (even though he's clueless) FACT! State did rip it away from him and he has had a problem with recruiting every since. And by the way, JOHNNY HILL has helped him find another home, NOT Jethro.

I'll just end by telling you I have been around this program since 1968. And if you think you know a fraction of what I know about OM Football, I'll have what you're drinking........

Adios!

GOREBSGO #38

1511453_402141259921429_2117508582_n.jpg

If this site is dead as a hammer and the klansmen of the plantation do not consider State as their rival, then why are you posting here in the first place? Go home Black bear....This is and always will be OUR STATE! 17-10, let it sink in one more time!

This post was edited on 1/28 9:09 AM by msumaroondawg

I have never nor would I ever be that disrespectful to gorebsgo. I do
Correct him when he is wrong and in this case he is 100 % wrong regardless if he thinks he is right or not. We didn't drop liggins because we couldn't get the other liggins. That's a flat out lie. LIE! Now the coaches at his school are mad at Mullen, and that's ok. That's not "inside" Info, it was in the freaking paper about how the coach was displeased that we dropped him but again it's a business, spots are tight and we had to go in a different direction. We should never ever be in oxford recruiting anyway.
As for ole miss being "loaded" at running back and wouldn't take Williams now? Hogwash. Freeze would take him in a New York minute. For two reasons. He needs a big back that can run between the tackles and could stick it to Mullen by flipping a recruit in our own backyard.

We have a 6"4" 285 lb Quarterback think he might could run short yardage,,,,, I relize we have other plans for him ,but just bet there is a package for short yardage with Liggins in the backfield,,,

No doubt. You have some options there. But it's always nice to have different options in the backfield in the read option. That's why you have Judd on board who will provide that. At the same time, that doesn't mean that Ole Miss is content with that. That's why they've shown interest towards Aeris.

Originally posted by mikekemp15:

We have a 6"4" 285 lb Quarterback think he might could run short yardage,,,,, I relize we have other plans for him ,but just bet there is a package for short yardage with Liggins in the backfield,,,
I expect Bo to improve again this season as he did in 2013, but who will be the deep threat? Will Treadwell fill that role? And I would imagine that with Brunetti gone, Kincaid will run the same packages that Brunetti did for short yardage and some kind if redzone offense. I think the biggest question as far as your offense goes will be how we'll your O-line gells losing as many as you have.

ADVERTISEMENT