ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Ray

Feb 21, 2014
We need to dump this guy now! Our kids work hard, but lack fundamentals and he can not recruit at all! We need to get a new coach who is energetic and can recruit. The best player in the country in the 2016 class is from Mississippi and we need a coach who can land this guy!

Do you have some examples that suggest he can't recruit? He's had one recruiting class and only one of those players have played and he was the starting point guard.

Exactly! in this day in age you have to bring people who can play right away. Look at the class signed for next year, two of them do not have any stars. Do you have examples that he can recruit?

Two of the three players he signed this past year couldn't play this year because of things outside of his control. Both would have played a major role this year. The one guy that got to play started 19 of his 24 games at point guard. Had he not been injured he likely would have started every game.

Next year, I see all signees competing for a starting position. Demetrius Houston will be the most athletic player on the floor every game. Maurice Dunlap will be the best shooter on the team. Oliver Black is going to add depth in the post and be a big physical body to defend. If next year is a failure, you have a case. Right now, there's nothing to work with that says he can't recruit.

This is pretty much the exact same thing you were all saying about Mullen with 2 weeks to go last season before he pulled out 2 overtime wins and became a genius once again.
This post was edited on 3/22 2:54 PM by msdeltareb

Well, that's just really a dumb comparison. Mullen had a winning record and, at the very least is a somewhat successful coach. Rick Ray has just lost fifteen games in a row and has worse record in an easier conference. I mean that the SEC is easier in basketball than in football.

Fire Ray and give me Tommy Amaker from Harvard love the motion they run on offense. They switch the ball from side to side over and over until hey find a weakness. Is there a limit on how many scholarships you can sign in one year? if there isn't having only 8 scholarships is his fault, because he could got some kids that went to smaller schools. All this said if he lands Malik Newman we might when the whole thing. I do like how hard he gets our players to play just need some better recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT