ADVERTISEMENT

Question Re: LaDarius Perkins

RebDawn

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 20, 2001
I'm in a college fantasy league and am strongly considering trading for Perkins. I know Shumpert has done well vs. lesser competition and he's a younger guy who's an up and comer but Perkins is still MSU's top option at RB right?

Yes he is still the Bulldogs' starter. Here are my thoughts on that: With Prescott controlling the offense he makes all the reads. A lot of Perkins' carries in that type of offense are not really designed for him they're reads. Prescott has called his own number or made a different read, not selfishly but because he's a take control kind of player. Mullen has mentioned several times that they want Perkins getting the ball more. Another reason is he's had ankle problems since OSU. He sat out against Alcorn, played against Auburn and re-aggravated it against Troy.

Until Perkins gets healthy I would stay away. Derek Milton will get the most reps. And josh robinson will likely get alot too.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Robinson will probably get more reps than Milton but I would expect Perkins would play against LSU unless he's been hurt a little more than he was last week.

ADVERTISEMENT