JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS - SEC 2016 - Week Four

Doggystyle35

Freshman
Aug 28, 2014
WEEK IV – SEC 2016
JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS
"With advice this bad, you have to give it away!!!"

Week Four - Saturday – SEC 2016

Kent State Golden Flashes (43.5pt DOG) @ #1 Alabama Crimson Tide….
Can you image the forethought needed by Kent State’s Head Coach to come up with a good pre-game motivational speech to deliver this coming Saturday to his team??? It can only be one of two things.
“The Thomas Edison/Used Car Salesmen Speech”…Or...“The Full Metal Jacket Gunnery Sgt. Speech”

1) Men, Alabama puts on their pants one leg at a time, just like you. Just remember if we get down a few touchdowns early. It only took Thomas Edison 10,525 attempts to create a light bulb. Point being; we don’t quit fighting regardless of the circumstances. You ain’t quitters are ya boys??? Hell no you ain’t!!! Ok, men! Let’s go kick Bama’s ass!!!!…….lollllll
2) Today, you men are no longer Golden Flashes. Today, you are like an elite fighting machine. Basically, you’re like the Marines. You're part of a brotherhood. From now on, until the day you die, wherever you are, every Marine is your brother. Most of you will be playing at Bryant-Denny Stadium this coming Saturday. Some of you will not come back. But always remember this: Marines die. That's what we're here for. But the Marine Corps lives forever, and that means you live forever….........lolllllll….…ROLL TIDE!!! Tide rolls and covers 45-0!!!

#12 Georgia Bulldogs (6.5pt DOG) @ #23 Ole Miss Rebels….
Georgia vs. Mississippi-------The Battle of the Gunslingers!!! This should be an interesting game when these two gunslingers “show up-to-show off” in Vaught-Hemingway Stadium this coming Saturday. You have the Georgia Young gun----“Big Nasty Red Dawg” taking on Mississippi seasoned veteran-----“Colonel Rebel Yell from Hell” in a winner takes all battle. The Rebels must win or die and the Dawgs must win or say bye-----to their hopes in playing in the SEC Championship game. Ole Miss lost both heartbreakers to Florida State and to Alabama. The Rebels can definitely hang with the best of them. Wellllllllllll, for at least for two quarter anyway; which is the main problem for the Rebels this year. They are not finishing their games. Even in their victory over Wofford they didn’t play for 4 quarters. They will have to play for 4 quarters this Saturday or their season may go into a tailspin-nosedive and crash.
QB (Eason vs. Kelly---------------+Ole Miss)
RB (Chubb vs. Judd---------------+Georgia)
WR (Engram vs. McKenzie------+/- tie)
Defense (front 7-------------------+ Ole Miss)
This week Bad Chad “Machine Gun” Kelly turns into “Mad Chad” and shoots up the scoreboard!!!
Rebels win and cover 38-28!!!

Delaware State Hornets (34.5pt DOG) @ Missouri Tigers….
I think I’m going put in the same effort into writing up this game as the Tigers will into winning this game. Actually, I think I’m putting in more effort!!! Basically, Tigers QB Drew Lock has an elite arm and is only a sophomore. He’s going to be a good one, folks!!! I take that back; he’s already a good one….. Defensively, Tigers DE Charles Harris is the B.M.O.C. (big man on campus) So far this season his stats are even better than Texas A&M’s Superstar Miles Garrett. QB ALERT; you ain’t going to be standing in the pocket all day with this cat on the field. Expect Missouri to eliminate the Hornets of Delaware faster than a 20 oz can of Spectracide……….Tigers win and cover 56-14!!!

#19 Florida Gators (6.5pt DOG) @ #14 Tennessee Volunteers….
HEADLINE NEWS on Saturday morning: Gators from Gainesville were seen gathering in the Tennessee River this morning high-up as far as Knoxville, TN. They are currently looking for a few a “Volunteers” to help in the removal of these man-eaters. From all report these “Gators” are very defensive. So, you probably won’t be able to sneak past them, and you definitely won’t be able to run past them. It’s recommended to try and remove them later in the day when things cool off and they start to move real slow. Basically, Tennessee needs to play test the waters early to see what works and then lull the Gators to sleep before dragging them into the deep with the deep ball in the 4th Quarter. The Volunteers have all the tools to complete the job. It all “starts-n-ends” with QB Joshua Dobbs. RB Jalen Hurd is good but he isn’t the engine that makes this team go. That’s QB Dodds. RB Hurd is kind of the transmission to this team. In other words, the Dodds engine makes this Volunteer team move and the Hurd transmission helps move the Volunteer team faster and more effectively. Kapeesh??? Florida on the other hand has a National Championship quality defense on the field. They have dominated the first three games of the 2016 season. They have punched out two 7s and a shutout their first three games. Florida’s defense is good enough to win this game even if the offense plays below average. They just can’t’ turn the football over; which brings me to this point. Starting QB Del Rio is going to be out 4-6 weeks with a MCL sprain and his replace QB Austin Appleby, a grad transfer from Purdue, has a long history of INTs. In fact he threw for 19 at Purdue. He doesn’t have to be a gunslinger to win this game. But, he does have to manage the game and not turn the ball over. Tennessee is favored to win. Gator’s star QB Del Rio is out, it’s a home game, the Vols are undefeated and confidence is high; why wouldn’t pick them to win?????? I learned this one a long time ago; you never bet against a streak. Florida has won 11 straight over the Volunteers……..Make it 12 in-a-row!!!(chomp chomp)…….Gators win and pocket the points 27-24!!!

Mississippi State Bulldogs (22pt FAV) @ Massachusetts Minutemen….
Ole Bully is heading up to the Northeast to leave his mark on the great state of Massachusetts. (Literally) Ole Bully hasn’t forgotten about that little ole Black Bear from Maine that showed up in Starkville, MS back in 2004 and marked up all his grass on Scott Field; and boy, did he!!! A day all Bulldog fans would love to forget. As a fan, I hate these games. If you lose this game, you lose for years!!! If you win; you still lose!!!The Minutemen are virtually unknowns to most of the country, but for those that know football; they understand how dangerous this game is. This UMass team carried undefeated Florida into the fourth quarter with a 10-7 game before the Gators were able to create separation and eventually win 24-7. Defensively, this team will not go away easy!!! Offensively, they are getting better. As far as State goes; offensively, the Bullpuppies must mature and show some growth this week!!! Growth starts with finding some passing confidence for QB Nick Fitzgerald. Without it, he will continue to struggle in the passing game then he will begin to struggle in his running game due to the fact that his running lanes will begin to dry up because defenses will start to adjust to his abilities. Also, the Bullpuppies need some growth at RB---like a 230lb Pitbull with good balance and good paws!!! Dan, RB Brandon Holloway has good paws and runs like a greyhound, but he is not a “between-the-tackles” type power running back. Just sayin’!!! And lastly, that young inexperienced secondary needs to grow up fast. Bottom-line; this game means everything to UMass. They will be all in. Thus, the Bulldogs must play for 4 complete quarters on Saturday if they expect to win this game convincingly!!! I’m not convinced they’re a 4 quarter team yet. I think the Pups survive instead of thrive!!!...Bulldogs win but do not cover 24-17!!!

Vanderbilt Commodores (7.5pt DOG) @ Western Kentucky Hilltoppers…
Vandy got the “Woodshed” treatment last weekend in their game with Georgia Tech and the Hilltoppers survived a struggling Miami of Ohio team. With that being said this still might be an interesting game on a smaller scale. But, don’t worry about rushing to the stadium early just to the find a parking spot. This should be an “Uber Easy” game!!!! Meaning, you should be about to catch a Uber cab ride to the front door of the stadium about 5 minutes before kickoff; and not have to wait in line!!! Coming into this game Hilltoppers QB Mike White is averaging over 300 yards/game. Nothing changes for him this week. The Hilltoppers will be able to move the ball and score. On the other hand; so will Vandy. The big question for the Commodores will be; can they keep pace??? I think Vandy’s RB Ralph Webb gets into the endzone; I just don’t think he gets in enough…..Hilltoppers win and cover 28-20!!!

Week Four - Saturday – SEC 2016 - cont.

#18 LSU Tigers (4pt FAV) @ Auburn Tigers….
A Tale of Two Tails!!! Coach Gus Malzahn has shown tremendous progress on the defensive side of the ball but is still misfiring on at the QB position. In the first three games of the season QB Sean White has only thrown 1 interception but against Top 25 Teams; he hasn’t even thrown a TD pass. Not Good!!! That has to change this weekend for Auburn to win. Coach Les Miles finally decided to remove his head case at QB in favor of QB Danny Etling. After downing the Bulldogs of Miss State the Bayou Bengals are riding high in the saddle with a two game winning streak plenty of confidence to boot. If QB Danny Etling can make enough plays in the passing game to open up some of those running lanes for RB Leonard Fournette; they’ll be off and racing. And if that happens that can only mean one thing: “The move proved to be the move needed to improve the offense to fine their groove that you’ve needed along which will behoove all who’ve disapproved of the move to remove QB Brandon Harris!!!! Make sense??? The home team has won 14 out of the last 16!!!....The War Eagles soar and pocket the points 27-24!!!

South Carolina Gamecocks (1.5pt DOG) @ Kentucky Wildcats….
Not sure who’s going to win this game but one thing is fo’sho; the loser will be getting an upgraded mascot name by next Thursday Night. Carolina fans; you better get used to hearing Lamecocks if you lose this weekend to Kentucky!!! And Kentucky fans; you better get used to hearing Mildcats if you lose this weekend to South Carolina!!! Starring in this year’s “Bottom-Feeder Classic” you have a Carolina true freshman connection QB Brandon McIIwain to WR Bryan Edwards. This is the fuel that drives this Gamecock offensive engine. Kentucky on the other hand has a two cycle engine that runs on two power pistons; RB Boom Williams and RB Benjamin Snell. Kentucky has shown that they can score but South Carolina has yet to demonstrate that they can score more than 3 TDs in a game. I think the South Carolina defense “shows up-and-slows up” this Wildcat offense. But in the end, I like the hometeam to take advantage of the “Hometeam Advantage” and get the win!!!.....Super close/competitive game!!! Wildcats win and cover 27-24!!!

#17 Arkansas Razorbacks (6pt DOG) @ #10 Texas A&M Aggies….
Those Hawgs from the west bank of the mighty Mississippi will headin’ down south into Aggieland this coming Saturday to root up some grass at Kyle Field. These Hawgs are hungry and they’re angry!!! They’re HANGRY!!! Coach Bielema has done a wonderful job in teaching his team how to be hungry. He’s a real good teacher!!! A reaaaaaaaal good teacher!(rolling my eyes) You can tell when Arkansas is running hungry drills in practice. Coach Bielema yells out “GOAL-LINE” and tells the players to pretend its fourth down and cake. Ok, this could go on for awhile…..lollll…..So, I’ll move on. The Hawgs have good weaponry in QB Austin Allen and RB Rawleigh Williams but they must open up the passing attack if they are to reach an 8 or 9 win season. They must get the ball to the outside edges and stretch the field and that all starts with big ole TE Jeremy Sprinkle. The Aggies are loaded on both sides. Offensively at receiver, the Aggies have weapons as far as the eyes can see---Reynolds, Seals-Jones, Kirk, Noil, etc. etc. QB Trevor Knight is distributing the ball well to his receivers but the ground game has been the surprise at College Station this year. RB Trayveon Williams and Keith Ford have really balanced out this offense quite nicely!!! Opposing defenses don’t know if the “ZIG” or the “ZAG” is coming next. This may be the best game Saturday. It will definitely be a 4quarter fight. I’m having a tough time with this one but I’m going to go with the home team and give the 12th man the nod….Aggies win but do not cover 31-28!!!

End of Week Four

JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS
"With advice this bad, you have to give it away!!!"
**************Results after Week Three**************

****Week Three Results****

Picked 8 out of 10 winners (Straight up) 80.00%
Picked 5 out of 10 winners (Against the Spread) 50.00%
****YTD Results****
Picked 24 out of 35 winners (Straight up) 68.57%
Picked 15 out of 35 winners (Against the Spread) 42.86%​

Mr. Jimbo

ADVERTISEMENT