JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS - SEC 2016 - Week Five

Doggystyle35

Freshman
Aug 28, 2014
WEEK V – SEC 2016

JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS
"With advice this bad, you have to give it away!!!"

Week Five - Saturday – SEC 2016

Alcorn State Braves (34.5pt DOG) @ #20 Arkansas Razorbacks….
You wanna know why Alcorn State is called the Braves; because they are “BRAVE” for taking this game!!! The Hawgs of Arkansas were hitting on all cylinders until the engine started sputtering in the 4th quarter. And then the gas ran out…………………..and then the time ran out………and the lights went out!!! Arkansas Head Mechanic Bret Bielema is going to be “Testing-and-Tuning” his race Hawgs all weekend at the drag strip!!! Yes, the War Memorial drag strip in Little Rock, AR!!! Coach Bielema will entrust and employ his most decorated driver, QB Austin Allen, to open up the offense this week in preparation for Bama next weekend. So expect WR Keon Hatcher, WR Drew Morgan, WR Jared Cornelius and TE Jeremy Sprinkle to be “peeling and squealing” in their cleats this weekend against the Braves of Alcorn State. Hawgs win and cover 49-10!!!

#23 Florida Gators (10.5pt FAV) @ Vanderbilt Commodores….
The Gators of Florida are still trying to find their choppers after the Volunteers of Tennessee volunteered in the second half to slap them out of their mouth!!! And the Commodores took advantage of a 4th quarter come back to get the Hilltoppers of Western Kentucky into OT. Once they got the Hilltoppers into OT; it was just a matter of watching them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!!! Florida has to be upset with the letdown on defense in the second half last week. So, expect them to come into Vanderbilt Stadium prepared this week. As they learned, there are no off-weeks, off-plays or comfortable leads in the SEC. Also, the Gators will remember playing Vandy at home last year where they have to score late in the 4th quarter to pull out a 9-7 win over the Commodores. The Commodores, consequently, remember that game too. But, this time they will be spitting in their own dirt!!! Expect a four quarter brawl on both sides of the ball, but in the end, I think Florida’s defensive talent wins out!!!! Gators win but do not cover 20-13!!!

Louisiana Monroe Warhawks (32.5pt DOG) @ Auburn Tigers….
Did LSU win or lose last week??? Of course, I’m talking about the firing of head coach “Less” Miles!!! So, did they win or lose by firing him??? What did you think I was talking about??? Awwwwww, you didn’t get it at first. So, it took you a second!!!...blahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…….Ok folks, we have Wang-Dang-Doodle of a Dandie in store for all you fine folks this weekend. It’s the Warhawks of Monroe Louisiana taking on the War Eagles of the plains of Auburn Alabama!!! All you need to know about the Warhawks is QB Garrett Smith is their offense. He has the ability to carve up defense if he’s got time. He will not have time against this Auburn defense. Auburn DT Montravius Adams and DL Carl Lawson will be collapsing his pocket protection like winds from a Category 5 hurricane on a cheap umbrella. Auburn’s QB Sean White just needs to be good enough to hand off the football to his three studs in the backfield (Johnson, Pettway and Franklin III) and if that doesn’t do just get PK Daniel Carlson cross the 50 yard and he’ll do the rest!!! This game isn’t in question, but it will tell you about them if they have a letdown after a big win. I’m betting that Coach Gus Malzahn will not let that happen………Tigers win and cover 45-10!!!

#11 Tennessee Volunteers (3pt FAV) @ #25 Georgia Bulldogs….
Uga has definitely been licking his wounds this week. He’s had alot of licking to do and alot of places to lick. Never realized how flexible a Bulldog was until I saw Uga getting his tongue passed his tail this past Sunday morning!!! Did Tennessee finally figure out the right combination this past Saturday against Florida in the second half??? It sure looked like after running off 38 unanswered pts in the second half. I posted a question in week one: “Are the Volunteers really Contenders or Pretenders???? Is RB Jalen Hurd a Gamer or a Lamer???? Is QB Joshua Dobbs a Stud or a Dud???? – Mr. Jimbo”
The questions are still questions to me……In my “not-so-humble” opinion; they will not survive the next three weeks. (Georgia, Texas A&M and Alabama) So, Tennessee wins easily,,,right??? Ahhhh, I’m not so sure. Don’t be fooled by last week’s blowout win with Ole Miss over Georgia. The Bulldogs just happen to be the victims of an Ole Miss team that decided to play for 4 quarters. If Bulldogs QB Jacob Eason continues to grow and throw and his receivers decide to fetch and catch this weekend; you might see a shootout to the end this coming Saturday. But, those are “IF”s. So, I’m betting on momentum this week......Vols wins and cover 31-27!!!

#9 Texas A&M Aggies (17.5pt FAV) @ South Carolina Gamecocks….
I just got one question for Aggies QB Trevor Knight. How do ya like your chicken; BBQ or Fried???? Based on what I’ve been seeing, I bet he likes it burnt!!! QB Trevor Knight has been burning up DBs all season long and I don’t see his appetite not showing up in Columbia, SC this coming Saturday. So, pass the salt!!! Gamecocks QB Brandon McIIwain has had his moments this year but his moments may quickly become Miles Garrett moments!!! The Gamecocks have struggled offensively all season long which has translated into a whooping 14.3pts/game average. With Aggies DE Miles Garrett coming to town that average might be hard to come by. For all of those that don’t know Mr. Miles Garrett; barring injury, he’s projected to go in the 1st round of the NFL draft plus he’s probably the 1st overall pick of the NFL draft. Needless to say, he’s arguably the best football player in college football this year. So how can South Carolina stop the powerful Aggie offense? They can’t. The South Carolina Gamecock’s defense is good enough to slow them. But by the 4th quarter; they’ll be dead-tried, tenderized and ready for the grill!!! So, pass the pepper too!!!...........Aggies win and cover 38-14!!!

Kentucky Wildcats (36pt DOG) @ #1 Alabama Crimson Tide….
With the way Alabama is playing right now; it looks like ole Dick Satan’s soul is secure in hell!!! Ole Miss was the only team that presented a real test to little Dicky!!! Looks like Alabama is going to have to beat Tennessee twice this year to win the SEC Championship, if things continue on the same pace!!! The only other game that looks “Tricky” for little “Dicky” is that Arkansas Razorbacks game in Fayetteville, AR!!! This is my Lee Corso Las Vegas upset betting special----“Not so fast, my little misguided betting friend!!!” I don’t like an SEC football team favored over any other SEC football team, which includes Kentucky, by 35 points!!! That my friend is locker room pin-up material!!!…You “NEVER” want to give your opponent extra ammo!!!!........NOW, with that said, Alabama does kick the “sheee-it” out of the Wildcats!!!....loll Tide rolls but does not cover 45-13!!!

Week Five - Saturday – SEC 2016 - Cont.

Memphis Tigers (15pt DOG) @ #16 Ole Miss Rebels….
People, do not be fooled!!! For you folks that live outside Oxford, MS. These two schools are only about an hour apart. Memphis comes into this game every time they meet with “Redheaded -Stepchild” Syndrome. They come into this game with a “kill or be killed” attitude because they know they don’t get many opportunities to play king of hill very often with an SEC team. The Tigers have a history of giving the Rebels a hard time and last year was no exception. The Rebels were a 10pt favorite going into last year’s game and we all know what happen next-----They knocked off #13 Ole Miss 37-24. Yes, Memphis QB Paxton Lynch opted-out early for the NFL and Memphis head Coach Head Justin Fuente “took the money and run” to Virginia Tech. But don’t think for a minute New Coach Mike Norvell doesn’t have solution at QB. He has the Ex-Tennessee QB, Riley Ferguson, commanding his huddles now which took the “Last Chance U” route back to major college football. Needless to say, the chip sitting on QB Ferguson’s shoulder is huge!!! Obviously Ole Miss has all the weapons to beat Memphis. But, will they show up to play all 4 quarters? Last week was the first time they did; and they had success. But, this isn’t a struggle Georgia team they’ll be facing. If they want to win this week then Mad Chad “Machine Gun” Kelly better show up again because the Rebels are going to need him to put up awhole bunch of points to beat this Memphis Tigers team....(Fun Game)…..I thinks Chad will be “Glad” to be “Mad” this week!!! Rebels win but do not cover 42-38!!!

Missouri Tigers (13.5pt DOG) @ LSU Tigers….
Two weeks “In-A-Row” the Tigers have faced the Tigers. Last week, the Tigers beat the Tigers and then all of sudden the Tigers beat the Tigers. This week I expect the Tigers to do well against the Tigers. And as far the other Tigers goes; those Tigers have been hitting on all cylinders offensively so I think the Tigers will have problems with the Tigers----------WAIT A MINUTE!!! Where the hell is “Less” Miles??? Ohhhhh, realllllllllllly!!! Ummmm Ummm ok! SOoooooo, anywhoooooo, QB Drew Lock is going to be a handful and a big problem for the LSU defense. The Missouri Tigers have a “fast pace-quick strike” army of receivers attacking on all fronts with a QB with cannon of an arm. It took the first weeks for QB Lock to sight in his arm. But now, he’s dialed-in and “LOCK”ed and loaded!!! Offensively for LSU, nothing has changed except for the play caller. And trust me, “NOTHING HAS CHANGED” with new interim Head Coach Orgeron (aka Coach “O”). He’s still the same ole head coach that Ole Miss fired for having only a 28% winning percentage over his three stint in Oxford. He’s definitely a great motivator, recruiter assistant and players coach. But, that doesn’t automatically translate into a great head coach and great “X” and “O”s guy. The Bayou Bengals have enough talent on this team to overcome the loss of last week. I think they will play inspired power football and control the clock with RB Fournette. This will limit the number of opportunities QB Drew Lock gets. Expect LSU to invest in “ground and pound” and cash in on their investment late in the 4th quarter!!!..........………Bayou Bengals win but do not cover 34-28!!!

End of Week Five

JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS
"With advice this bad, you have to give it away!!!"

**************Results after Week Four**************

****Week Four Results****

Picked 7 out of 9 winners (Straight up) 77.78%
Picked 6 out of 9 winners (Against the Spread) 66.67%

****YTD Results****

Picked 31 out of 44 winners (Straight up) 70.45%
Picked 21 out of 44 winners (Against the Spread) 47.73%

Mr. Jimbo

ADVERTISEMENT