ADVERTISEMENT

JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS - SEC 2014 - Week Eight

Doggystyle35

Freshman
Aug 28, 2014
JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS
"With advice this bad, you have to give it away!!!"

Week Eight - Saturday - SEC-2014

Furman Paladins (37.5pt DOG) @ South Carolina Gamecocks….
According to legend, Furman which was founded as a religious affiliate college in 1826 had been called the Christian Knights for a period of time. But, sometime in 1850 the school charter changed from being a College to a University. Ok, here's where the fun starts; the school immediately discovered a problem with the abbreviation of the newly formed university name…Furman University Christian Knights…ouch!!!....Hence the University changed their name to the Paladins to avoid the embarrassing acronym. FACT or FICTION----I don't know??? But, today they are called the Paladins and the mascot is still a chivalrous knight mounted on top of a white horse named FURY!!!.......The origin of the modern day mascot, Cocky, are a lot less know but rumors have it Lou Holtz got "drunk up" one night, picked up Sir Big Spur at the farm house and drove off listening to 2001:A Space Odyssey!!!!……lolllll……...Hey, that's all I know!!!....The only Knight that will be mounted in this game is the Furman Knight being mounted by Sir Big Spur!
Cocky gets cocky this weekend and wins and covers 45-7!!!

#21 Texas A& M Aggies (14pt DOG) @ #7 Alabama Crimson Tide….
Aggies QB Kenny Hill goes by the nickname Kenny Trill which in the rap world is a hybrid of the word "True and Real"….If he does show up this week, he's going to need to update his nickname to Kenny "Over the Hill" Trill!!!......And on the other side of the field, DICK SATAN was not very happy after beating Arkansas last week by a fly's hair and giving up the ghost to Ole Miss the week before. Expect Alabama to be spitting out plenty of "fire and brimstone" this weekend!!!.....With that said , this Aggies team has been missing their best receiver Malcome Kennedy the past two weeks. His leadership on the field is immeasurable to this young Aggie offensive. No question; they need him to be successful!!!......So, you can expect to see a better performance from the Aggie offensive this week but at the end of the day; this Aggies's defense is still the Achilles Hill (….or Achilles Trill) of this team!!!....The Big Elephant from Tuscaloosa gets the win but does not cover 31-21!!!

#10 Georgia Bulldogs (3.5pt FAV) @ Arkansas Razorbacks….
Arkansas was ohhhhhhh so close to upsetting Alabama last weekend and even closer to upsetting Texas A&M the week before in an OT loss!!!!........Well, how's that ole saying go???.....Ahhhhh, I remember!!! It goes like this; close only counts in "Horseshoes & Handgrenades"!!!!.....The Razorbacks are definitely "Rootin'" up the football fields by averaging almost 40pts/game but when it comes to finishing football games; the Hawgs seem to be "Pootin'" up the field!!!! ….With the Hawgs having the luxury of playing 8 home games this year with 5 of them "in-a-row"; this Georgia game is their last realistic shot of upsetting a top 10 team this year!!!.....Well, as we sit here talking about them Razorbacks and what they're going to do to them poor ole Bulldogs; may I remind you of what they did last weekend???? They went on the road to Missouri and put a "BeatDown" on the Tigers!!!.....Did I mention RB Todd Gurley didn't play….Yup!.... Georgia's offense is "NOT" a concern this week. They will produce points with or without RB Todd Gurley. This game comes down to Georgia's ability to stop (or slow down) Arkansas's offensive. Last week, Alabama's defense did in fact stop Arkansas's running game by holding them to just 89 yards rushing. Now, with that said, the Hawgs did return the favor; they stopped Bama's backs by holding them to just 66 yards rushing!!!.....Neither team could capitalize thru the air!!!....The difference this week for Arkansas is; Georgia's defense is statistically about as good as Bama but more importantly, Georgia's senior QB Hutson Mason is completing passes at almost 71%!!!...Expect this to be the difference maker!!! Bully's "Bleached-Blonde" Cousin from Georgia wins but does not cover 31-28!!!

Tennessee Volunteers (16.5pt DOG) @ #3 Ole Miss Rebels….
This is probably a good weekend for the whole Tennessee team to just stay home, go to Neyland Stadium, walk over to the "orange and white" checker board painted south endzone and just start playing a "HUGE" game of checkers!!!!............One team can wear white, and the other orange!!! Once QB Justin Worley reaches the other side of the endzone; he can just yell out---------"KING ME!!!" and then Coach Butch Jones can "come-a-running" and hop on Worley's back for the crowning!!!!! Yes,,,,,BO KNOWS----Touchdowns!!!....Last weekend Big BOOOOOOOOOOO Wallace accounted for all three offensive scores but it was the defense that impressed me the most!!!!.....Do not----I repeat!!!!! DO NOT THROW AN INTERCEPTION TO CODY PREWITT!!!....He may be the best running back on this Ole Miss Football team that just happens to be playing defense!!!!....The All-American, Cody Prewitt, returned an interception for 75 yards and looked more like the former "running back-track star" from Sylva Academy High School than a defensive player!!! Did I mention he loves contact!!! He likey likey!!! I'm not real sure of the exact dosage of valium Coach Freeze has to use on him during the practice week to keep him from killing Wallace or any of the other offensive players but its working!!!.....Good job Hugh!!! The Volunteers have struggled offensively all year against top tier defenses and unfortunately for them; this week, the trend continues!Hotty Toddy Black Bear Rebel LandSharks win and cover 35-17!!!

Missouri Tigers (6pt DOG) @ Florida Gators….
Florida fans are apparently so feed up with Coach Will Musty Chimp that they have created a website in an attempt to persuade the Athletic Department to start recruiting Dan Mullen to come to Florida. The website is called website-----www.WillMuschampGatorHaterClub.com……The only person associated with the University of Florida that is enjoying this season is Ron Zook!!!.....Florida could easily fix their coaching problems by expanding their core curriculum; "Coaching 101", "Offensive 101" and maybe "Math 101" which should be helpful when determining how many points you need to beat the opposing team!!!!…………..Hey, I'm just sayin'!!!..........AND MIZZOU, Don't even get me started about you losing to Indiana and getting "Blown Out-Shut Out" at home to Georgia!!!....You just need to-----shhhhhhhhh!!!....I believe both teams show up this week desperately in search of a "WIN"!!!……But, with the Tigers facing a long road trip on a short week; I'm not sure that the Tigers will have their tails "un-tucked" from last week's embarrassment before having to face the Gators at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium! (aka the SWAMP!!!) Gators win but do not cover 31-27!!!

Kentucky Wildcats (10pt DOG) @ LSU Tigers….
There should be enough fur left on the field after this game Saturday night to make half dozen coats and a couple hats!!! This game will definitely be highly contested!!!....I expect The Mad Hatter to reach into his magic hat of tricks and pull out his own cotton tail!!!!....He desperately needs this win in order to save the season plus to protect his team's egg shell ego!!!....Mark Stoops Wildcats have nothing to lose coming into this game as a 10 point underdog. He should have them all jacked up on "Purina Cat Chow" by the time they roll into Death Valley! Death Valley on a Saturday night; where dreams come to die or in this case Kentucky's Bowl Dreams come to die!!! The Wildcats will come to play but at the end of the night I think it's the Tigers that will be the ones that are licking their whiskers!!!!Bayou Bengals win but do not cover 31-27!!!

End of Week Eight

JIMBO's FREE SEC COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS
"With advice this bad, you have to give it away!!!"

**************Results after Week Seven**************

****Week Seven Results****

Picked 07 winners out of 08 games (Straight up) 87.50%
Picked 07 winners out of 08 games (Against the Spread) 87.50%
****YTD Results****
Picked 51 winners out of 63 games (Straight up) 80.95%
Picked 33 winners out of 61 games (Against the Spread) 54.10%

This post was edited on 10/16 5:37 PM by Doggystyle35

This post was edited on 10/16 5:58 PM by Doggystyle35