ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Chad Fairchild Latest***

jason stamm

Freshman
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Please do not copy/paste or summarize any portion of this post to other Web sites or message boards, as it is a direct violation of copyright laws and could result in the termination of your Rivals.com subscription per our terms of service. Thank you.

Guys, I caught up late last night with one of Mississippi State's latest offers in the 2026 class, Lovejoy (Ga.) four-star linebacker Chad Fairchild. He's up to 18 offers and the Bulldogs are his most recent one.
First thing, right off the bat, Fairchild will be at State's home opener this weekend against Eastern Kentucky. It'll be his first visit to campus. But he told me he's really excited to see the environment, how the team plays and he wants to talk to some of the players. Defensive coordinator Coleman Hutzler has been the primary recruiter here and Fairchild said he's liked their early conversations. "So far, I’ve been getting some good vibes from him," Fairchild said.

Fairchild most recently went to NC State, where he visited for a barbecue at the end of July. Before that, he also went to South Carolina and Auburn. The Gamecocks are the one I'm watching the most here outside of State. In addition to going there in June, Fairchild told me that's one of the places he'll be setting up a visit next. He also wants to see games at Indiana and Duke. But I do think NC State is also up there, not far behind either.

It's early and Fairchild said he hasn't started thinking about cutting his list. BUT, I think it's a great sign that State offers and he almost immediately visits. Great early sign.

Full story coming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.