ADVERTISEMENT

MSU RELEASE Dak Prescott Arrives In Mobile For Senior Bowl Week

Vernon

Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Beyond the Sun
bulldogblitz.com
MOBILE, Ala. – Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott arrived in Mobile Monday evening as the All-American began preparations for the 2016 Senior Bowl, which kicks off at 1:30 p.m. CT Saturday live on NFL Network from Ladd-Peebles Stadium.

Both ESPN and NFL Network will broadcast from Senior Bowl practices this week. Prescott and the South squad will work out in the afternoons. Wednesday and Thursday feature padded practices that are closely watched by NFL clubs. There is an autograph session with the players from 3:30-6 p.m. Friday at the Mobile Convention Center.

“I have worked hard to get to this point and look forward to meeting a lot of people this week in Mobile,” Prescott said. “This is a great opportunity to showcase my ability in front of NFL teams. I am ready and excited for the future as a professional playing the game I love.”

Since being named most valuable player of the Belk Bowl, Prescott has been training in Orlando for the Senior Bowl and NFL Combine. Over 800 NFL scouts and front office personnel are in attendance in Mobile this week, and he will meet with several teams in the evening.

Prescott, who measured at 6-foot-2, 226 pounds, is the first State quarterback to play in the game since Don Smith in 1987. He’s also the 88th all-time player to represent the Bulldogs in the contest that dates back to 1950(see full MSU list).

Prescott has experience at Ladd-Peebles Stadium. He ran, threw and caught a touchdown pass on that field when MSU beat South Alabama, 35-3, on Sept. 13, 2014.

The most decorated player in school history, Prescott concluded his Bulldog career as the owner of 38 school records. He owns the highest career winning percentage by a State quarterback (.697, 23-10), and he ranks third and fourth, respectively in Southeastern Conference history in total offense (11,897) and touchdowns responsible (114).

Prescott, the 2015 Senior CLASS Award winner, heads to the next level with both an undergraduate and master’s degree from Mississippi State.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT