ADVERTISEMENT

2nd part to the Mullen safe thread- Robbie?

Nikito2080

League MVP
Jun 3, 2013
I am not trolling but I had a big MSU supporter in my office who was a huge mullen fan at one time. When I said something about Connecticut , his response was "I hope so".

When I pressed him on it he basically said that look at our recruits which I pulled up. I have never been a * guy but he said the only way we fill out the class is with 2* kids that will get another star just by committing to an SEC school. On the recruiting front he basically said "when we are excited about getting 2* kids from MRA who no one wants we have issues".

Then he said we have to get very lucky to go 5-7 and not get blown out in our last 3 games.

His opinion was it is not going to get better and that the Russell deal has burned MSU's only recruiting area- East Miss and specifically Meridian. His premise was Meridian folks all thought Russell was an NFL QB of the future and Mullen has done nothing with him.

Finally, back to an old discussion he said that the Jones leak was propaganda that has really back fired and made Ole Miss look
like they are now the only player in MS.

What are you hearing?

Nikito, I always get a laugh how you begin every post with "I am not trolling but"... When the whole premise is you trolling. I'm guessing there's a reason that you've been banned on your own board several times.

Originally posted by RobbieFaulk:
Nikito, I always get a laugh how you begin every post with "I am not trolling but"... When the whole premise is you trolling. I'm guessing there's a reason that you've been banned on your own board several times.
. How could you think that post is trolling?

he was asking questions. I thought his conversation yesterday was very interesting.

I do not follow MSU but have a bunch of MSU friends and get a bunch of
information good and bad from them when we talk. We are guys so we talk
sports . I am not a "everything is great at Ole Miss" fan.

But I think you answered his questions in a way by not answering them.

1.I think a lot of MSU people would be happy if Mullen left and went to Connecticut and you could go after the ULL guy.
2. The recruiting is a real disappointment and appears to be sliding fast.
I know for a fact the folks in Meridian are not happy with Mullen and
what he has done to Russell. Nothing you could have said would have
altered what I am hearing.
4. The Jones thing was a complete planted farce that has back fired.
5. If things blow up, 4-8 is in sight and really no help on the horizon.

I realize I may be putting words in your mouth but by your silence that is what I am getting.

he was asking if what he was hearing and heard is correct?

This post was edited on 11/12 11:12 AM by napoleonsolo11

Do really have two accounts and which to troll with? Because you just got caught in the act posting from a completely separate account. That's taking trolling to a whole 'nother level. Golf clap for you, sir. Wish I had that kind of time on my hands.

One post in Nakito the next napoleon. Double troll. Do you argue with yourself on posts as well?

Well Robbie, I Play Golf and best friends with several State fans, and they seem to be very unhappy with Mullins, I think it Its a fair discussion to bring to this site considering where State is now and where most Bulldog fans thought they would be and this point in Mullens career in Starkville....

You managed to misspell MULLEN's name twice in one post. Amazing (I know you purposefully did it). I have no problem discussing it.. With State fans that will logically discuss it with me and not have trolling tendencies. Every part of the remarks that Nikito and some of you others bring are laced with some kind of shot. Bring a logical debate over or stay on your site. Pick one.

Robbie unless you misspelled it Mullen I only misspelled it once, The first time I assure was an accident, saw it after I posted, But you are so quick to judge each post I think sometime you actually miss some interesting points. I thought this is what the free board was all about was to discuss topics concerning other teams, You need to take a chill pill and calm down some of us just like a good conversation. I talk with bully fans all the time on our free board but you seem to think everyone from Rebel is a troll, calm down friend who knows you might enjoy what we bring to the table...

Go back and read the way things were worded in Nikito's post. Then you can scan over yours and notice that it seems almost the exact same. There's a way to approach conversation that I can tolerate and have a decent discussion about.

Originally posted by Nikito2080:
I am not trolling but I had a big MSU supporter in my office who was a huge mullen fan at one time. When I said something about Connecticut , his response was "I hope so".

When I pressed him on it he basically said that look at our recruits which I pulled up. I have never been a * guy but he said the only way we fill out the class is with 2* kids that will get another star just by committing to an SEC school. On the recruiting front he basically said "when we are excited about getting 2* kids from MRA who no one wants we have issues".

Then he said we have to get very lucky to go 5-7 and not get blown out in our last 3 games.

His opinion was it is not going to get better and that the Russell deal has burned MSU's only recruiting area- East Miss and specifically Meridian. His premise was Meridian folks all thought Russell was an NFL QB of the future and Mullen has done nothing with him.

Finally, back to an old discussion he said that the Jones leak was propaganda that has really back fired and made Ole Miss look

What are you hearing?
Robbie,
First of all I think we are dealing with an honorable guy in dealing with you. I realized I out you in a bad position but I kind of thought you would take the POTUS position and just tell us " if you like your insurance you can keep it , period." In other words just tell us what furthered your position.

You did not, you did what I would do and avoid the question. I realize I put you in a postion that you could not answer the questions based on your job.

I think you have kind of answered the questions for me. I heard the same kind of stuff this morning on the elevator coming in so if the above is not the consensus of MSU fans it is getting there and is certainly becoming more "than a trickle" with the money people.

If I misspelled anyone's name it was by accident and is not a slight. Again I really do not follow you guys but when the Jones thing happended it was just so illogical I wanted to find out more.

I am sure we will all be invetigatied at some point over somethng. If not why how could the NCAA validate their existence. However, I think we all know it will not be over Jones per your coaches which is all I was getting at from the beginning.

Originally posted by Nikito2080:

What are you hearing?
Robbie,
First of all I think we are dealing with an honorable guy in dealing with you. I realized I out you in a bad position but I kind of thought you would take the POTUS position and just tell us " if you like your insurance you can keep it , period." In other words just tell us what furthered your position.

You did not, you did what I would do and avoid the question. I realize I put you in a postion that you could not answer the questions based on your job.

I think you have kind of answered the questions for me. I heard the same kind of stuff this morning on the elevator coming in so if the above is not the consensus of MSU fans it is getting there and is certainly becoming more "than a trickle" with the money people.

If I misspelled anyone's name it was by accident and is not a slight. Again I really do not follow you guys but when the Jones thing happended it was just so illogical I wanted to find out more.

I am sure we will all be invetigatied at some point over somethng. If not why how could the NCAA validate their existence. However, I think we all know it will not be over Jones per your coaches which is all I was getting at from the beginning.

Nope, Don't see it, But again , I just see within my scope of Bulldog friends that these same people who were so proud of coach DM a year or so ago are really talking a complete different language, I was ONLY want to hear from your insight is that the general consensus around Starkville that he is not what they once thought, and if he loses to Ole Miss that he will be in the hot seat... ?

Rebels had better hope State holds on to Mullen, .................if Mullen goes, then Hudspeth comes to State .

I think Ole Miss folks are very happy with the balance of power in the Football and basketball for that matter.

The origins of this thread came from what I heard and continue to hear from MSU folks.

Now as far as Hudspeath with conference realignment etc he may like ULL and wait for a upper tier job.

I hope MSU stands pat for the next 10 years.

ADVERTISEMENT