ADVERTISEMENT

FIGHT FOR YOUR TEAM: Miss State should be in the CFB playoff

AuburnLegacy

League MVP
Jan 23, 2003
It would be a monumental miscarriage of justice if any one-loss team from any conference jumps Miss State. The SEC Office needs to man up and demand that Miss State be included. SEC fans across the nation need to voice their opinion on talk shows and on the Internet. I have heard a great deal of commentary stating that Ohio State would jump Miss State if Ohio State wins out. This is REDICULOUS. Miss State is a former No. 1-ranked team. Ohio State has only recently re-entered the top 10 after getting smoked at home by a lower tier ACC school and squeaking by Penn State in overtime. I think Miss State would be favored against every team in the rankings except Alabama and Oregon. Miss State would beat Ohio State 10 out of 10 times. I think Miss State would stand a good chance to win its first national championship in any sport if given the opportunity. Leaving Miss State out of the playoffs would be the equivalent of leaving out Auburn in 2004.

UNACCEPTABLE!

AuburnLegacy...you are not going to get too much of an argument from people on this site about your opinion to this point.

After all of the back and forth in the media regarding the committee..etc...some things seem to be consistent:

- The committee looks at the opponents rank at the time of the game...not opponents "current" ranking. LSU being a good example. They view that as a State win over the #8 team at the time...they do not view it as a win over the current unranked opponent.

- People feel the committee will favor teams who have won their Conference Championships over teams who have not. This is not the case. The committee will not be able to use Conference Championships as more weight until all the Big 5 conferences all have an actual conference championship game and until Norte Dame joins a major conference.

- The Game Control stat is a major area the committee looks at. That is why FSU dropped and why FSU is currently the most vulnerable team in the Top 4. State has a solid Game Control ranking.

IMO, if we beat TSUN by any margin we stay at # 4. We do not need a "convincing" or "dominant" game over TSUN like alot of people are saying.

The head of the committee Long said...State is a solid # 4

What does worry me is that the nation as a whole...probably does not want to see a State vs. 'Bama rematch.

Then again...if State wins today and 'Bama losses...this is all moot.

Assume nothing

Change your attitude! The worst thing you can do is nothing. Don't let this thing play out without raising all kind of hell. Don't wait until the Ole Miss game. Start beating your chest now. Call the Finebaum Show. Tweet his show. Accentuate your team's positives. Get your in-state sportswriters on board. E-mail the SEC office. No one, nationally, is playing up your school's chance to win its first championship in any sport.

Miss State is the only school in the SEC without a national title in any sport.

As a fanbase, leave nothing to chance. Money runs the CFB. Everyone in the industry stands to benefit from Uat, Oregon, Florida State, and "a" Ohio State University playing in the first playoff. Four conference champions in different regions represented. It is the playoff's committee's dream to pick these teams, but its intentions will not surface until the conference championship games weekend.

Don't let what happened to Auburn in 2004 happen to you.

I'm a huge SEC fan but after last night MSU is not going to the playoffs and shouldn't be going. Sorry but your team while very good blew a gut-check and will not be considered foe a spot going forward. However you guys still had a great season and should be proud of all that your team accomplished.

Agreed. We don't deserve it now. Ole miss was the better team last night. Championship teams win the big games when it matters the most. The bama game we showed up scared and lost. Ole miss game we showed up unprepared and didn't play with the same intensity ole miss did. We still had a great year and I couldn't be prouder of our team. Dak is coming back next year and gets a chance to redeem this team next year
Posted from Rivals Mobile

MAYBE IF YOU PLAYED THE MYTHICAL COLLEGE OF TSUN IS THAT NEAR NARNIA OR MIDDLE EARTH? YOU CAN CALL US OLE MISS, THE UNIVERSITY OF MS OR JUST MISSISSIPPI. BUT THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS WHERE TSUN IS YOUR CARPETBAGGING YANKEE SMARTMOUTH COACH!! BUT UNTIL NEXT YEAR YOU CAN JUST CALL US SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see---ACC was 4-0 v. the SEC????? How did that happen when the SEC is sooo powerful? Really, how?

How did the best team in the Big 10 lose to an ACC team that finished 3-5 in conference play? Hmmmm.

ADVERTISEMENT